• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Missed the Brian Cox programme sadly - I only came across last night's space stuff by chance whilst channel hopping but if you've any interest in that sort of thing I'd thoroughly recommend it.

I've got Gotham on the Sky Box - I've seen mostly positive things about it but I'll give it a go tonight and make my own mind up. A few friends on Facebook have said the same as you, Johnny.

I'll try and catch that on the iplayer. Did you catch the new Brian Cox documentary on humans and travelling into space? I thought it was brilliant.

In other news, Gotham was horrendous. It was a paint by numbers version of the Batman story, In comparison to SHIELD and The Walking Dead (I've not seen Arrow, Constantine or The Flash) it was making an after the watershed show for those with the mental capacity to struggle with a Peppa Pig plot.

Agreed. An hour I will not get back.

Watched a fascinating documentary on BBC4 about the Space Race last night, but from the Soviet side of things. Lots of footage of the first space walk, the risks taken to get Gagarin into orbit, the tragedies that occurred to the Soviet space programme in the race to the moon and afterwards up to the present day. Really interesting programme.

After that, on the same channel, there was a documentary about Abdul Mohmand - the first Afghan in space who took part in a Soviet mission during the Soviet/Afghan conflict.

An excellent night's viewing - I really enjoy the history of space exploration.

I would recommend you read Countdown: A history of Space Flight by T.A. Hoppenheimer.

It is an excellent read, and covers all the different areas of space exploration from the early days, through to what the future holds for space exploration.

I would recommend you read Countdown: A history of Space Flight by T.A. Hoppenheimer.

It is an excellent read, and covers all the different areas of space exploration from the early days, through to what the future holds for space exploration.

Cheers Frank - I'll look that up.

Gotham - nah, I found it really disappointing and patronising. Was there really any need to shoehorn that many well known villains into the first episode in the most unsubtle way? They might as well have turned to the camera and winked. You don't need to dumb down a plot just because the characters in it are so well known.

Take out the famous bad guys, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, James Gordon and co and you've basically got a run of the mill, bog standard, wholly unspectacular and unorginal cop drama.

I'll watch next weeks just to see where they try to go with it but I thought it was crap.

New series of the Apprentice started last night. A few of them seemed to have a very high opinion of themselves.

New series of the Apprentice started last night. A few of them seemed to have a very high opinion of themselves.

The dude with the beard in the big chair, right?

I cannot ABIDE that show.

The dude with the beard in the big chair, right?

I cannot ABIDE that show.

Sorry Langers but I love it. And it is on again tonight. Based on last night, there could be plenty of candidates lining up to be fired.

I like the Apprentice but I don't like the new concept from the last few years where he invests in a business rather than employs the winner. The best Person might have a shit business idea so fails (which has happened before)

oh and the candidates are normally 100% nobbers, which makes you feel better about yourself

10606597_823275407712754_5676564786077691799_n.jpg

Should be lined up to be shot

Having watched last nighjts episode I have to agree. The female team leader stated that all a woman has to do to make a sale is to wear a short skirt and high heels and instructed her fellow contestants to do so.

Having watched last nighjts episode I have to agree. The female team leader stated that all a woman has to do to make a sale is to wear a short skirt and high heels and instructed her fellow contestants to do so.

The other ladies soon shot her down on that one. And I think they soon got fed up of her telling them she was project manager every few minutes.

Watched Torchwood-Children of Earth.

Good stuff.

Watched Torchwood-Children of Earth.

Good stuff.

I totally gave up on Torchwood after they decided to set it in America. A good show which was absolutely ruined. In fact, I thought that it got worse as the seasons went on. Such a shame.

I totally gave up on Torchwood after they decided to set it in America. A good show which was absolutely ruined. In fact, I thought that it got worse as the seasons went on. Such a shame.

I'm sorry mate,I have to agree with you.

Back