• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The trouble is, I don't really remember a fat lot happening!

Presumably that couple who found the money by the roadside will turn up again at some point. That was a weird little episode.

Presumably that couple who found the money by the roadside will turn up again at some point. That was a weird little episode.

That was the guy who runs the convenience store that the personal trainer was trying to blackmail.

Really? Was it a flashback then? And so is that the money that he's being blackmailed over?

Yeah, it was a flashback. All we know about the money is that it's the fat supermarket dude's wife who asked for the ransom and now Malvo is cranking it up.

He looks pretty much what I imagined anyway, though for some reason I thought he'd have a ponytail! Otherwise, he's bang on.

The only character I can think of who just doesn't look quite right to me is Stannis. He should have a beard. You could tell that Renly and Robert were brothers somehow, but Stannis doesn't look right IMO.

I dunno, I like Dillane as Stannis. He's certainly got the teeth grinding down pat.

I just realised how much acting talent they will be losing at the end of this season either through character deaths or characters disappearing from view for a season or two (Jorah, Varys etc).

Charles Dance (Tywin)
Pedro Pascal (Oberyn)
Jack Gleeson (Joff)
Rose Leslie (Ygritte)
Sibel Kekilli (Shae)
Noah Tyler (Locke)
Kate Dickie (Lysa)
Conleth Hill (Varys)
Dianna Rigg (Olenna)
Rory McCann (Sandor)
Ian Glen (Jorah)
Jerome Flynn (Bronn)

It'll be a completely different show next year. They've got all the Dornish characters to cast plus Euron, Victarion, Aeron, Jon Connington and Aegon.

Seriously, those are huge spoilers in there. Don't be tempted to click if you're watching the show and you haven't read the books.

Yeah, it was a flashback. All we know about the money is that it's the fat supermarket dude's wife who asked for the ransom and now Malvo is cranking it up.

Right, totally missed that. Probably because I watch with my wife - "who's he?" "why's he doing that?" "I don't like this, there's too much killing."

I dunno, I like Dillane as Stannis. He's certainly got the teeth grinding down pat.

I just realised how much acting talent they will be losing at the end of this season either through character deaths or characters disappearing from view for a season or two (Jorah, Varys etc).

Charles Dance (Tywin)
Pedro Pascal (Oberyn)
Jack Gleeson (Joff)
Rose Leslie (Ygritte)
Sibel Kekilli (Shae)
Noah Tyler (Locke)
Kate Dickie (Lysa)
Conleth Hill (Varys)
Dianna Rigg (Olenna)
Rory McCann (Sandor)
Ian Glen (Jorah)
Jerome Flynn (Bronn)

It'll be a completely different show next year. They've got all the Dornish characters to cast plus Euron, Victarion, Aeron, Jon Connington and Aegon.

Seriously, those are huge spoilers in there. Don't be tempted to click if you're watching the show and you haven't read the books.

More mega spoilers - do not click, non-book readers!

Deaths - yes. Can't really avoid them. But as with Theon, Bran, Gendry over the past few seasons, they keep characters in the show who otherwise disappear a bit in the books.

Not sure whether we'll meet Jon Connington and Aegon for a couple more seasons yet though. There's a lot to happen before that and I get the feeling they'll stretch out some plot lines like they did a couple of episodes ago with The Others.

I don't think Bron will leave by the way - they can find a way to keep him in, and I hope they do because he gets all the best lines! I predict he'll leave with Tyrion.

Not that I care about GoT, but you should know that Tapatalk previews the stuff in spoilers before you open the thread...

FFS stop posting fucking book spoilers for GOT you tools!!!! I opened it for a brief second thinking it was TV spoilers. I only saw one name but am already pissed off that I know that now. Just stop posting them FFS! PM each other if you want to discuss the books.

The version I have doesn't? Which version are you using?

Whichever the latest one is I think. I saw the first few words of your spoiler on the 'Participated' tab when it was, at the time, the last post on the thread.

Edit: v2.6.2

Right, totally missed that. Probably because I watch with my wife - "who's he?" "why's he doing that?" "I don't like this, there's too much killing."

It basically told us that he built his empire using that money that was buried in the snow, after praying to God. Hence his religious bent.

It basically told us that he built his empire using that money that was buried in the snow, after praying to God. Hence his religious bent.

Yes, I get it now! I'm exceedingly thick sometimes. There's been a van outside our office for weeks - "M-T Drains". Only today did I go, "Oh, M-T! Empty! Brilliant!"

Happy Valley - wow

Just about stopped feeling sick over it.

Happy Valley - wow

Just about stopped feeling sick over it.

Wouldn't normally watch something with Sarah Lancashire in it & the last thing this writer produced was a bit twee. This isn't!

Anything that makes you want the next episode to start immediately is worth watching. Seriously want that bloke to get a good kicking.

Back