• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Once our daughter is in bed then pretty much 7pm-9pm is taken up by a couple of episodes of a box set. Then again, on the flip side I don't watch any live football apart from the odd Wolves match I make it to.

Oh and you should watch Mad Men. It's brilliant.

I wonder how you lot find the time to watch all this stuff. Hours and hours and hours of TV, I really do not have space in my life for it. Watch "Mad Men" I'm told, 12 hours? 12 hours? Seriously, I do not have 12 hours. And that's the tip of the iceberg. And I hardly have the busiest life in the world, I work from home for a start.

12 hours?

Where do you find the time? Admittedly I could cut out *some* of the football I watch but still, I doubt that would free up enough.

Don't see how you can cut back,1000 matches a season is minimum I think. :)

I watched Happy Valley again last night. Really really good! Quite brutal and unsettling. Definitely worth checking out on the I-Player if you haven't seen it.

Enjoyed the episode, but I can't put my finger on what's wrong with this season. Maybe it's lost its edge?

I don't think there's been anything wrong with the season at all. It's been great - I think it's better than season 2 which was the weakest thus far for me. This one is definitely the one that's deviated from the books the most but I'm finding that quite interesting.

Perhaps it's because I'm more familiar with the show now. Maybe I'll get around to reading the books one day...

I have to say that I found the whole Greyjoy/Bolton scene just weird. I didn't see the point. Great acting from Alfie Allen though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I edited it like 2 seconds after I posted the original. :icon_lol:

You're just too fast.

Just noticed that 'The Damned United' with Martin Sheen as Brian Clough is on BBC4 at 9pm tonight. Can't believe I have never seen this so will tune in with interest.

You can watch everything on up to a two hour delay online with the BBC. Just click on the channel as if you were viewing live and then scroll back and click on the programme you want. So any time up to 10.59 you'll be able to start watching it "as live".

It's a great film, a few liberties taken with regard to factual accuracy but it's one of the best football films around (not a high bar I know).

So who's going to win Masterchef??

I like Ping a lot, but I think Jack knows his shit. Incredible for a 21 year old really.

I like Ping and hope she wins it but it will be Jack I think as he's that good, even if he's a little too cocky for my liking.

I wouldn't call him cocky at all. I thought Ping had it nailed down, but Jack is exceptional for his age. Excels under pressure.

Back