• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

It's more medieval than fantasy. You get the very occasional bit of magic or dragons but it's not very often. At the minute anyway.

I do feel like I'm missing something having never watched got, but historically I struggle with fantasy TV. My mind just doesn't allow me to enjoy the genre. Lotr and all that does nothing for me. Think I struggle with stuff I can't imagine it happening in real life. I even struggle with stuff based just a few hundred years ago. Yet I'm fine with space age and futuristic stuff. Stupid brain.

This is me.

Just watched Saturday's True Detective (episode 7 I think). It's getting really good now, can't wait for the next one.

Episode 7 was on Sky Atlantic on Saturday night.

Caught up with GoT and watched Monday's episode last night.

The actress who plays Arya really does have some brilliant scenes, and the chemistry she has with The Hound reminds me of the chemistry she had with Tywin Lannister in series 2. Great stuff.

And Oberyn Martell IS perfectly cast.

Only thing that pissed me off was the quantity of adverts - forgot how frequent they were as I've been catching up with the box sets over the past few weeks.

Maisie Williams. She's consistently one of the best actors in the show IMO.

Absolutely. Like you said the scenes in season 2 between Arya and Tyrion were superb.

Anyone know why they changed the actor for Dario?

I don't think there are many scenes where the acting isn't good. The chemistry between Tyrion and Bron is also superb, I never imagined I'd be singing the praises of Jerome Flynn!

I don't think there are many scenes where the acting isn't good. The chemistry between Tyrion and Bron is also superb, I never imagined I'd be singing the praises of Jerome Flynn!

Good point. The Cersei/Tyrion scenes in the last season were also tremendous. I honestly can't recall any other film or TV show where they've got the casting so right so often.

The original actor has been cast in the new Transporter film and decided to do that over GoT.

Shame - I thought he looked more like Daario (double 'a' - #pedantmode2) than the new dude.

Into things non-GOT, tonight's Masterchef was the most hilarious comedy ever. Carl's food was so spectacularly bad I cannot even begin to describe it! Fucking awesome!

Sausage & beans on toast :icon_lol:

I've just watched it. Plum mash potato dumplings aka scotch eggs hahahahahaha

Back