• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

More reaction to last night's GoT so spoilers again:

It's quite funny talking to people who haven't read the books about who they think did it and why. Actually a well written plot because it's not like there's a shortage of suspects! There are only 2 of us in the office who have read the books and know who it was but I've heard about 4 different theories at work this morning!

Got to love a whodunnit.

GoT stuff:

I'm fairly certain it was Olenna, in league with the jester. She wants Margaery not to suffer Joffrey's cruelty as Sansa has and also be able to rule on her own which would benefit the Tyrell house.

At first I thought it was the pie which did him in, served by the catering staff Olenna paid for, and fed to him by Margaery. But after rewatching the ending last night on Sky and paying close attention to what was going on you could see Olenna fiddling with Sansa's necklace (given to her by the jester) when she touched her hair. She then could have popped some poison which was hidden in that into Joffrey's wine on the way back to her table. The only issue I have with that is that Tyrion poured Joffrey's wine from Cersei/Tywin's bottle on their table. How would Olenna know to poison that one? Unless she dropped it in Joffrey's goblet?

Also, the jester was clearly in on it as he was trying to get Sansa out of there sharpish. And we already know that he and Olenna are both sympathetic to Sansa. Likely recruited by Olenna and he has no love of Joffrey either.

I also think that Oberyn might have supplied the poison as Dorne is well known for it's poisons from venomous snakes (mentioned on Thronecast afterwards), and he hates the Lannisters.

I'd imagine Margaery must have been in on it too, in case she drank the wine by mistake. Plus Olenna probably needed her help/info to plan it all.

AND, when Olenna spoke to Tywin earlier in the day, she said that he'd probably be thanking him again soon....

How close is that Langers?

MEGA spoiler alert.

:nod:

Pretty close actually! Closer than anyone at work has got it anyway.

I won't go into further details because that'd spoil it further but you've got the gist of it.

Ta. That's all I need/want to know.

Poor Tyrion!

Though it wouldn't surprise me to find out he knew about it as well as he must hate Cersei for the way she treated him and Shae.

Lord Varys looked decidedly nervous/shifty at the wedding so he probably got wind of it too.

Watched True Detective over the last few days. Really was a slow start and I came close to knocking it on the head but glad I stuck with it as it turned out to be pretty brilliant. Matthew McConaughey utterly outstanding.

Have recorded Fargo from last night, not watched it yet though. Hoping it's good!

It's very good Toon.

With mention of The Mountain (The Hounds brother) in this week's GoT episode I thought I'd put a pic up of the guy who's going to be playing him. He's a big lad alright:

tumblr_mtt23whSv91qfh27qo1_400.jpg

Cersei is thinking "He'd split me in two!".

You called :)

:icon_lol: Paul !!

isn't it true though, big or muscular men usually have a small willy. Also men with big mouths usually have a tiny one. And this has nothing to do with Thread Title so had better stop. :icon_lol:

Didn't think much of the third GoT episode...

Also, is anyone still watching Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

Yes I am. It's gotten pretty good the last few episodes with the tie in to the the new Captain America film. Lots of twists and turns.

Back