• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Worth a watch then mate? I noticed that it is on Netflix

Numerous things going for it mate.
Well written dialogue.
Good premis to the series. Watch from the start, as there are some big issues at the beginning that flow on an ongoing basis.
Some interesting stuff happening with the characters. Currently there's a couple of issues which could develop to be very interesting.
Some exceptionally good looking women, Meghan Marckle (Rachel Zane), Donna & the new scottie.

I know del is also a fan if that helps. :)

You know nothing....

b1vHqmCl.jpg

Numerous things going for it mate.
Well written dialogue.
Good premis to the series. Watch from the start, as there are some big issues at the beginning that flow on an ongoing basis.
Some interesting stuff happening with the characters. Currently there's a couple of issues which could develop to be very interesting.
Some exceptionally good looking women, Meghan Marckle (Rachel Zane), Donna & the new scottie.

I know del is also a fan if that helps. :)

Thanks mate. Will give it a watch from the very start !

2nd episode of Fargo was excellent. Can't help thinking they'd have more than just the village bobby investigating the murder of a police chief, a mobster and two civilians though.

Suits is fantastic viewing, Youngy. It’s really well written, comedic, dramatic, and the dynamoc between the characters is really good, and mostly likeable.

I’ve given up on True Detective though. The pace was too slow for me, but more importantly I had to concentrate too hard on the dialogue. Pisses me off all the whispery voices, so you turn the volume up, and then stuff falls off your shelf when somebody slams a door. The accents are pretty much undecipherable for my tiny brain. Had a similar problem with The Wire, which is why I only lasted 3 episodes of that.

Just finished season 2 of House of Cards; that was brilliant. Dark, brilliantly written, dramatic and some tremendous characters.

Enjoying Fargo, but as per SLA, I’m getting annoyed at the lack of expertise involved in the solving the case of a murdered police chief and a local mobster/businessman. But, I suppose it is a true story, so there’s only so much licence for creativity.

Got S.H.I.E.L.D. on series link, it’s always enjoyable. Looking forward to 24.

Has anybody seen the ‘Strike Back’ series? If you like 24, you’ll like that. Full of action and twists, with the odd gratuitous sex scene thrown in for good measure.

I do feel like I need another box set to catch, either on On Demand, or Netflix. Any recommendations?

Oh, I also feel that Modern Family doesn’t get anywhere near enough love in this thread. The funniest thing to come from America for fucking years. If you haven’t watched it from the start, I’d highly recommend it.

Suits is fantastic viewing, Youngy. It’s really well written, comedic, dramatic, and the dynamoc between the characters is really good, and mostly likeable.

I’ve given up on True Detective though. The pace was too slow for me, but more importantly I had to concentrate too hard on the dialogue. Pisses me off all the whispery voices, so you turn the volume up, and then stuff falls off your shelf when somebody slams a door. The accents are pretty much undecipherable for my tiny brain. Had a similar problem with The Wire, which is why I only lasted 3 episodes of that.

Just finished season 2 of House of Cards; that was brilliant. Dark, brilliantly written, dramatic and some tremendous characters.

Enjoying Fargo, but as per SLA, I’m getting annoyed at the lack of expertise involved in the solving the case of a murdered police chief and a local mobster/businessman. But, I suppose it is a true story, so there’s only so much licence for creativity.

Got S.H.I.E.L.D. on series link, it’s always enjoyable. Looking forward to 24.

Has anybody seen the ‘Strike Back’ series? If you like 24, you’ll like that. Full of action and twists, with the odd gratuitous sex scene thrown in for good measure.

I do feel like I need another box set to catch, either on On Demand, or Netflix. Any recommendations?

Oh, I also feel that Modern Family doesn’t get anywhere near enough love in this thread. The funniest thing to come from America for fucking years. If you haven’t watched it from the start, I’d highly recommend it.

It's not really a true story, the Coens just put that at the start of the film to set the tone. Apologies if you knew that Del, and I've missed the joke.

What you looking for Del? Drama, comedy, cop show, etc?

I "acquired" the first seasons of Parks & Recreation and Community to give them a go at some point. Both very highly rated but I've never bothered with them for some reason.

I'm actually looking forward to Community more because it has the gorgeous Alison Brie in it.

Del - The Americans is a bit different but really good. About two KGB agents living under cover in America in the 80s posing as US citizens and a married couple with kids, but still doing missions and receiving orders from Moscow. The two leads are excellent.

After having Netflix for a fortnight, I have discovered that it's film selection is pretty limited but I will more than make up for that with the Box Sets. Started Season One of Homeland last Wednesday and will be watching the Season finale tonight. I have to say I always thought it looked a bit dull but I was totally wrong and have loved every episode!

I was also delighted to find out that Portlandia is on there as I have wanted to watch that for ages but that will have to wait for now.

Agree that Modern Family is ace. The Vegas episode recently had me in tears - hilarious.

Really enjoying The Following too.

Community is good but I lost interest towards the end of series two. Some bloody hilarious episodes though. Chang is absolute gold.

What you looking for Del? Drama, comedy, cop show, etc?

I "acquired" the first seasons of Parks & Recreation and Community to give them a go at some point. Both very highly rated but I've never bothered with them for some reason.

They are both brilliant, parks and rec is by the people who made Brooklyn nine nine so if you like that it has a similar feel to it. Community is one of my favourite shows, the characters are excellent and it excels at movie references and styles within their own episodes. Goes downhill series 4 as the main writer was sacked but he was brought back for series 5 which is apparently back to it's best.

Back