• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Does the lad on the bench in the green have fleas!? He's constantly scratching his left leg!?

Last edited:
Goal celebration at the end definitely had a huge warning for the other participants

DO NOT TOUCH MS BLACK IN ANYWAY. NO HUGS, HIGH 5'S, KISSES OR GROPING. IT WILL EXCITE HER AND SHE WILL START TO SING ON THE SPOT. Our insurance does not cover damage to your ears or mental health.

Good though that a young Brodge saw this and took some scarf-based inspiration in later years.

Rodgers_2875658.jpg

The chuckle brothers had two older brothers who were well known as panto dames ( not a euphemism) they were well loved in the industry and never had a bad word to say about anyone, bar one person, yep Cilla, a right cunt apparently.
Got a friend who’s BA cabin crew, she really hated two people, Cilla and kirstie Allsop, because the both of them just treated everyone badly, and expected the cabin crew to be at their beck and call, kirstie is guaranteed to be served funny tasting tea.

I'm genuinely upset.
I had never heard anything like that about her.

I didn't know she was a Tory.
Fair enough on the Scouse bit though...

She was also a fucking terrible singer.

Got her big break when Mum of Suggs gave up her spot at the Caven so she could "sing" in front of, who I can only presume was the world's only deaf music talent scout.

She was also a fucking terrible singer.

Got her big break when Mum of Suggs gave up her spot at the Caven so she could "sing" in front of, who I can only presume was the world's only deaf music talent scout.
She was obviously well in with John Lennon which helped.

This bit on her Wiki though:

Her first audition was a failure, partly because of nerves, and partly because the Beatles (who supported her) played the songs in their usual vocal key rather than re-pitching them for Black's voice.

Strong "Seyi's passes are too clever for our stupid other players" energy :D

When my FiL passed away and I sorted through his vinyl collection ahead of selling it.

I spent a weekend testing every one of them to make sure they were all OK. No clue if the Cilla ones were badly scratched or she was just singing normally

Didn't mind Cilla's voice, the early stuff in particular, whatever her political views were.

My MiL knew her well from before her big break and for a while afterwards (one or both of them worked in the Cavern cloakroom). Cilla was one person that she didn't like and she never had a bad word to say about anyone else ever.

Percy running an interview with Graham Potter today saying he's ready for a return. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at Everton with the takeover in place

It isn't in place yet. Friedkin, assuming he does get it done, seems to be after Southgate.

All pie in the sky anyway as Potter isn't coming to Wolves with Shi involved.

Robbie Savage comes across well here I think, although not sure how viable it is to be essentially a part-time manager. I do find it odd when current managers do a load of non-related media work, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was forever popping up on Sky when he was Burton manager and they were bottom of the league. Maybe concentrate on your day job.

Doesn’t seem to have been mentioned, an Albion fan died in the stands on Saturday, this prick then posted this on social media, company put out a statement this morning thanking people for tagging them re the comments, and saying he was sacked this morning, and they’ve asked companies doing similar work not to employ him. IMG_2192.jpeg

Back