• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Whilst it’s the Same club in name and history there’s a Man City pre Abu Dhabi take over and the one after.
The one previous were still a big club and had a good hardcore fan base and very authentic.
The one now still has its hardcore but they’ve been heavily diluted by the tourist fanbase and seen very false.
The Man City of recent years are a great side and have raised the bar so high on what’s needed to win the league.

Is there a fan boycott at Wigan both Beeb and Sky saying only a crowd of 1,419
Would say it’s typo but both are publishing it unless it’s been announced wrong by the club

Last edited:
Is there a fan boycott at Wigan both Beeb and Sky saying only a crowd of 1,419
Would say it’s typo but both are publishing it unless it’s been announced wrong by the club

Raphaël Varane has retired after a serious knee injury. Only 31.

Absolutely. It's my current local club and this is looking to be a good season for them, however this won't help.

It’s my closest League club too and more or less backs on to the hospital where the wife works. Have been toying with going but go to Epsom and Ewell instead because sort of felt as long as it’s a team outside of the FL it doesn’t seem unfaithful to Wolves, That said, the standard at E&E is shite and the crowds of about 70 leave you a bit deflated so the lure is definitely there. Would’ve loved to have been at the recent (last couple in fact) AFC games against MK Dons because the atmosphere amplified by the result(s) must’ve been awesome. Would’ve loved to see those arseholes get stuffed particularly as some family members are STHolders at MK and debates around that have been… very strained at times. Will see about taking that game in next year and maybe go from there.

I’m just up the road from the Chelsea training ground at Stoke D’Abernon and see the players (new and old) plus the wags walking their dogs most days. Chelsea ‘feels’ like the closest club and it’s very much a hotbed of Chelsea support around here, but they’re just about the last team on earth you’d want as a convenient 2nd club footie fix.

Always be a loyal Wolf but the cost, distance and let’s face it, end product, isn’t exactly tempting more than the current 3-6 games a season out so may well have a little shufti at AFC and see what that’s all about.

It’s my closest League club too and more or less backs on to the hospital where the wife works. Have been toying with going but go to Epsom and Ewell instead because sort of felt as long as it’s a team outside of the FL it doesn’t seem unfaithful to Wolves, That said, the standard at E&E is shite and the crowds of about 70 leave you a bit deflated so the lure is definitely there. Would’ve loved to have been at the recent (last couple in fact) AFC games against MK Dons because the atmosphere amplified by the result(s) must’ve been awesome. Would’ve loved to see those arseholes get stuffed particularly as some family members are STHolders at MK and debates around that have been… very strained at times. Will see about taking that game in next year and maybe go from there.

I’m just up the road from the Chelsea training ground at Stoke D’Abernon and see the players (new and old) plus the wags walking their dogs most days. Chelsea ‘feels’ like the closest club and it’s very much a hotbed of Chelsea support around here, but they’re just about the last team on earth you’d want as a convenient 2nd club footie fix.

Always be a loyal Wolf but the cost, distance and let’s face it, end product, isn’t exactly tempting more than the current 3-6 games a season out so may well have a little shufti at AFC and see what that’s all about.
It does feel inauthentic going, but I only do 3 or 4 a year as tickets at this level still seem to lack value. I have enjoyed the games I've managed including one against MK Dons which was a great 3-3 draw when AFC were more of the underdogs. Was away for the recent one otherwise agree that'd be great. The win against Ipswich was brilliant though, and it dawned on me I'd never seen a penalty shootout in person.

Yeah, I dunno, the way football is going, and entertainment more generally tbf, Wimbledon maybe gets as close as it could to having a nice story that does centre around the community and that's the bigger draw for me so I do look out for the scores. I seem to get more entertaining than none entertaining games, though I could barely tell you who is in the squad but the standard is OK if you exclude the high number of comical goals. If it wasn't a community club it wouldn't see a penny of mine, this way it doesn't feel unloyal especially - well the debate has been done to death - but the idea of getting to any Wolves' games now at over £100 a pop when all considered just means that feels like robbery anyway.

Still surprises me you can basically get tickets to any Wimbledon game though, in person football doesn't seem to be anything like the product it once was.

Totally unrealistic.
She's not wearing the same colour shirt as the rest of her team.

Back