• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

I read the story about the guy dying on the BBC today. His poor nephew had to witness it too.

Glad that prick above has got his just desserts.

Wednesday seem to attract some utter scum. Last year it was one of them mocking Bradley Lowery’s death.

Posting shite under your real name is never a good idea. There’s another clip of a Wednesday “fan” clutching his chest mocking the away end as he walks out.

Is VAR even a thing this season (in reality)? Have there been any VAR decisions/overturns except for offside?

Is VAR even a thing this season (in reality)? Have there been any VAR decisions/overturns except for offside?
VAR overturned Bournemouth's perfectly good goal against Newcastle that would've won them the game for a ridiculous handball call.

Almost as bad as the Moutinho decision against Man City.

Not many if there has. They've just decided to wave everything through by the looks of it. Complete waste of space.

Well, they said they didn't want to re-referee games...

I remember years ago it used to be commonplace when watching continental sides that the keeper would allow his defenders to take goal kicks

They didn’t deny him a move though? He walked out on his contract following a pay cut. Admittedly FIFAs rules are a bit archaic but I don’t see how that would affect normal transfers? It was hardly a club turning down an offer from another club. I get my kids’ names wrong all the time though so could be missing something here.

They didn’t deny him a move though? He walked out on his contract following a pay cut. Admittedly FIFAs rules are a bit archaic but I don’t see how that would affect normal transfers? It was hardly a club turning down an offer from another club. I get my kids’ names wrong all the time though so could be missing something here.
Moscow sacked him for not taking a pay cut (which is why I think wages will be affected in the future).
Charleroi wanted to sign him but the Belgian FA and FIFA said they couldn't and he owed Moscow wages. That's the restriction of trade bit.
Charleroi wanted to know if they could sign him and pay no compensation given Moscow had sacked him and FIFA refused his transfer so they couldn't as Moscow held his international registration. That's the bit I think will affect transfer fees as essentially players could now down tools like Nunes and claim restriction of trade and Man City would have to pay his notice period rather than full compensation.

Moscow sacked him for not taking a pay cut (which is why I think wages will be affected in the future).
Charleroi wanted to sign him but the Belgian FA and FIFA said they couldn't and he owed Moscow wages. That's the restriction of trade bit.
Charleroi wanted to know if they could sign him and pay no compensation given Moscow had sacked him and FIFA refused his transfer so they couldn't as Moscow held his international registration. That's the bit I think will affect transfer fees as essentially players could now down tools like Nunes and claim restriction of trade and Man City would have to pay his notice period rather than full compensation.
I really can’t see that happening. Clubs would lose money hand over fist if the power went to the players like that. I don’t think it would kill transfer fees as clubs will still be greedy, rather it would kill the market. We’d have never have landed Boly for instance, he didn’t want to be here in the first place so we wouldn’t have shelled out as we’d have no protection on the investment. And I can’t see agents being in line with it, they’d lose fortunes.

For the example of Diarra yes I get it, but not when it comes to the transfer market in general.

Back