• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just football fans though isn't it.

Wolves fans who are convinced there's an FA/PGMOL agenda against a mid-table provincial team are ten a penny.
Yep, I kind of get it when decisions don't go our way against United or the sky 6, but that falls apart when Luton and Sheffield United are beneficiaries.

The upturn in Everton's form since he came back is significant, it's not just the goals, he gives them a genuine focal point.

View attachment 8829
I genuinely see nothing inspiring there; they mostly lost the games you'd expect and won the games you'd expect, with or without him.

Shit, having him play the 90' and even score didn't stop them losing to Luton.

He isn't crap but Everton are, and he's not so good as to make up the difference.

Some of Everton's arguments are shocking:

Everton had also budgeted to finish sixth under manager Rafa Benitez in the 2021-22 season but would only finish 16th, with Benitez sacked in the January.

Right. But you finished 10th in 2020/21 under Ancelotti, and Ancelotti is miles better than Benitez. And you haven't finished 6th or higher since 2013/14.

I genuinely see nothing inspiring there; they mostly lost the games you'd expect and won the games you'd expect, with or without him.

Shit, having him play the 90' and even score didn't stop them losing to Luton.

He isn't crap but Everton are, and he's not so good as to make up the difference.
So you expected them to beat Palace, Brentford and West Ham away and draw with Brighton? I didn't.

Without DCL 0.25ppg
With DCL 2.1ppg

And he's not a LB :)

I think he's huge for them, but fair enough.

So you expected them to beat Palace and West Ham away and draw with Brighton?

Without DCL 0.25ppg
With DCL 2.1ppg

And he's not a LB :)

I think he's huge for them, but fair enough.
That PPG is tough to argue against, I can't deny.

As for Palace and West Ham, they're both capable of stinking out the joint. The draw at Brighton I can just about give you, though they, too, have weird matches where nothing clicks (not nearly as often as the aforementioned pair, though).

Jack Harrison and DCL now fit. If they both played against us we wouldn’t have won, I’d put my house on that. We barely deserved to anyway. Doucoure is always nuisance value and Onana is decent as is McNeil. CBs and GK no worse than what we put out. They have plenty and I’d expect them to be more than comfortable.

I look at their start though. It’s been as gentle as possible in this league and they haven’t been any good. Their run of fixtures up until mid January is daunting so let’s see where they are on Feb 1.

Saying that they will probably beat Man United because Ten Hag.

I look at their start though. It’s been as gentle as possible in this league and they haven’t been any good. Their run of fixtures up until mid January is daunting so let’s see where they are on Feb 1.

Saying that they will probably beat Man United because Ten Hag.

We play the fixtures game every year. We just beat City and Spurs whilst drawing and losing to Luton and Sheff Utd.

I remember the same was said about Palace last year. They ended up getting a ton of points from the first few and then everyone ignored the rest of the run.

Palace who sacked Vieira after a run of shit results against all the top sides and then Hodgson got his new manager bounce with points against the dross? That Palace?

Yep that Palace. I remember reading that they were going to lose 7 in a row or something daft. Ended up getting 5 points from 7 in that tough spell, and given they were already had a solid buffer that was plenty the keep them well clear of danger. Not really a shit run…

We will never know what will have happened but I’d have backed Vieira to get the required points from the next 11 (Roy got 18) with 7 being against relegation candidates (4 at home) and Fulham and West Ham sprinkled in as well.

On Everton. If it's a three year rolling period, do they leave themselves open to a fine next year too or do the accounts start to look more balanced?

I don’t know but if their arguments are actually that they expected to finish sixth instead of 16th and COVID stopped them selling Tosun back to where he came from (at a huge loss of course as he was dogshit, £27m worth of dogshit), which caused them to lose a combined £38m then they need all the books throwing at them. It’s just a blatant cunt’s trick, absolute horseshit and totally transparent. The PL (or whichever commission is appointed) aren’t going to go back in for a double dip on the same club though, they’d be too scared of the uproar it would cause.

And on the subject, it’s starting to dribble out in certain media outlets that Man City and Chelsea could potentially be facing relegation if they’re found guilty of the charges against them. They ARE guilty of course but it might be worth checking the odds on them getting fucked over it and chucking twenty quid on it not happening. Because it certainly won’t.

Why is the MP for West DERBY wasting parliamentary time to have an early day motion to debate that Everton have been hard done to?

Fucking unbelievable. The cunts cheated. They got caught. The punishment seems quite lenient to me.

Why is the MP for West DERBY wasting parliamentary time to have an early day motion to debate that Everton have been hard done to?

Fucking unbelievable. The cunts cheated. They got caught. The punishment seems quite lenient to me.
The Mayor of Liverpool is also kicking off about it. When they feel wronged that City certainly rallies around. I bet the noise gets it halved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back