• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
League position was doing a lot of heavy lifting, they weren't very good, not that far clear of where they are now and always likely to lose a lot of these games.

Still looks terrible though, you make that change and it has to work.
John Eustace employed tactics to what the players were good enough to understand and implement. Rooney thinks he's Alex Ferguson and giving out tactics way above the skill level of those players. That in itself will make Rooney another Mark Hughes etc etc.

The Mayor of Liverpool is also kicking off about it. When they feel wronged that City certainly rallies around. I bet the noise gets it halved
Yep called for alternative punishment, ok demotion then that’s alternative. Fines are futile, suspended points deduction are just as futile.
Stop blaming everyone else other than the club themselves.
The club broke the rules, the club ran its finances so badly that auditing was unable to be done because no accounting firm associated with it.
No one is denying guilt, so really don’t understand the furore.
Said it before it’s like committing a crime then blaming the judge, jury and prosecution for your sentence. You fucked up you pay the consequences.

That will be why then! All is forgiven. I still think it is a massive waste of parliamentary time and frankly fuck all to do with them

Their direction of concern is aimed at the wrong people they should be having major concerns with the running of Everton that lead to this fiasco not going after those who dished out the punishment. Same goes for all the pundits claiming it’s scandalous from the PL etc, no the the main problem is Everton’s ownership no one else this wasn’t a kangaroo court.

Their direction of concern is aimed at the wrong people they should be having major concerns with the running of Everton that lead to this fiasco not going after those who dished out the punishment. Same goes for all the pundits claiming it’s scandalous from the PL etc, no the the main problem is Everton’s ownership no one else this wasn’t a kangaroo court.
This is a point that seems to be eluding them in their rage. It's remarkable that they see this as a punishment for only being approx 20M over the threshold. The fact that they see losing 105 million in three years as the norm. is a damning stat on their entitlement.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to Chelsea and Man City now. I don't expect it anytime soon though.

This is a point that seems to be eluding them in their rage. It's remarkable that they see this as a punishment for only being approx 20M over the threshold. The fact that they see losing 105 million in three years as the norm. is a damning stat on their entitlement.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens to Chelsea and Man City now. I don't expect it anytime soon though.
Neither Chelsea or Man City have the losses Everton have and will both comfortably pass FFP.

I think City's charges are related to cooking the books with regards to outside investment aren't they? Chelsea don't currently have a charge, but have self reported breaches under Abramovich I think. Given they have different ownership and the Government effectively forced him to sell, I can't see them getting done too severely for that. Their current spend is fine given the contracts they have given out, their issue there is if they are duds

Last edited:
A lot of Man City's charges are for being dicks when asked for information. Essentially got their legal team to bat away everything and answer nothing.

Last edited:
Neither Chelsea or Man City have the losses Everton have and will both comfortably pass FFP.
Debatable I'd say. Who knows what skullduggery went on in terms of inflated commercial deals to bring money into the clubs?
City have 115 charges against them and Chelsea's new owner has self reported some shenanigans during Abramovich's time. He's then gone on a spending spree the likes that the Prem has never seen.

Debatable I'd say. Who knows what skullduggery went on in terms of inflated commercial deals to bring money into the clubs?
City have 115 charges against them and Chelsea's new owner has self reported some shenanigans during Abramovich's time. He's then gone on a spending spree the likes that the Prem has never seen.
If those charges for City can be proved. At the moment there's no proof and they do comfortably pass FFP the same as Chelsea.

Both sell youth players for huge sums of money which negate any losses comfortably.

I think the charges relate to illegal payments with the Abramovich era rather than any FFP issues.

I think City's charges are related to cooking the books with regards to outside investment aren't they? Chelsea don't currently have a charge, but have self reported breaches under Abramovich I think. Given they have different ownership and the Government effectively forced him to sell, I can't see them getting done too severely for that. Their current speed is fine given the contracts they have given out, their issue there is if they are duds

Yeah, Lineker interviewed the journalist investigating City for his podcast and he said the 115 charges fall within 5 areas

1) Failure to provide accurate financial information relating to revenue, sponsorship and operating cost
2) Managers salary, Mancini possibly had a second contract
3) UEFA FFP
4) Profit and Sustainability
5) Failing to co-operate with process

Yeah, Lineker interviewed the journalist investigating City for his podcast and he said the 115 charges fall within 5 areas

1) Failure to provide accurate financial information relating to revenue, sponsorship and operating cost
2) Managers salary, Mancini possibly had a second contract
3) UEFA FFP
4) Profit and Sustainability
5) Failing to co-operate with process
The same guy was able to explain in very clear terms why Everton have been penalised and why they tried to raise arguments about losses that no other club has tried to use. The full interview is here if anyone is interested:

Disingenuous Fab though using a picture of Ruben who hasn't moved on loan and won't move on loan.

I'd imagine the 2 are linked. Newcastle agreed not to take the piss this window and they didn't ban it due to the alignments other clubs have.

13 voted for the ban. Need 14 for the ban to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back