• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports say he will get a 1 year ban and have to seek help for his gambling addiction. Might avoid a longer ban as he never bet on AC Milan losing games.

Milan probably knew about his gambling but decided to try and make it someone else's problem by selling him in the summer, even though he went a bit Cutrone on the idea.

BREAKING: Sheffield United head coach Jonathan Morgan is being investigated by the club after a complaint about his conduct.

270 Premier league games a season from 2025 an increase of 35%.
All Sunday 2pm games to be live with the rest of live games on Friday/Monday night, 1230 and 530 on Saturdays with 430pm Sunday being the other.

Last edited:
So on European weeks there will possibly only be potentislly 1 game not televised and on non European weeks there will be 4?

I still don’t get how the £270m extra losses are remotely defendable and they actually think they are?

They simply aren’t. The main Covid losses were match day and Arsenal have easily the biggest match day revenue and Everton figures totally dwarfed the losses claimed by Arsenal.

Everton are claiming vast amounts in lost transfer revenue which is utterly nebulous. “We could have sold Moise Kean for £200m if it wasn’t for Covid”. Pull the other one.

They simply aren’t. The main Covid losses were match day and Arsenal have easily the biggest match day revenue and Everton figures totally dwarfed the losses claimed by Arsenal.

Everton are claiming vast amounts in lost transfer revenue which is utterly nebulous. “We could have sold Moise Kean for £200m if it wasn’t for Covid”. Pull the other one.
Can we get the Fabio money back then? We wouldn't have done something so stupid if wasn't for Covid

They also appear to have pumped in not being able to sell Siggurdsson at full value which DEFINITELY was all about Covid.

I don't think anything material will happen to Everton as a result

I don’t think they have a lot of choice. If Everton aren’t punished and stay up then the relegated teams will sue the authorities. If they punish Everton then the previously relegated teams will sue Everton.

I think it's next season before anything materially happens. Going to be 6 months or so between the finding and the appeal

They also appear to have pumped in not being able to sell Siggurdsson at full value which DEFINITELY was all about Covid.
Closing night clubs thereby reducing the chances of their players being entrapped by underage girls almost certainly helped Everton!

I don’t think it will be that long. The information has been mulled over for nearly three years and nothing new is out there. Also I seem to remember there is no right of appeal full stop and it can’t go to CAS

777 struggling to put together funds to buy Everton apparently might be good news for Everton if they don’t get bought by them.

Only good news if they have another buyer lined up. 777 and some shady funders have loaned money to Everton to keep them going, £40m so far and more set to be loaned as well

Only good news if they have another buyer lined up. 777 and some shady funders have loaned money to Everton to keep them going, £40m so far and more set to be loaned as well
Yep, it'll be £60m soon enough

I'm wondering if the result of the FFP trial will be a big factor on whether 777 continue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back