• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep calling for the League Cup to be scrapped. I agree with him. Worthless competition now.

Pep calling for the League Cup to be scrapped. I agree with him. Worthless competition now.

If it has to stay, just remove the teams who qualify from Europe from it. Need to make up the numbers, well invite the losing play off teams from the Conference to step up.

If it has to stay, just remove the teams who qualify from Europe from it. Need to make up the numbers, well invie the losing play off teams from the Conference to step up.

Yes whilst either keeping the Euro spot for the following season or a play off for the spot with the team that finishes 7th.

Ole Gunnar Connor:

“For me we lost to Liverpool, a team that you all say are fantastic, and we’ve been in the game until the last kick,” he said. “And, for me, that’s strides forward. We’re disappointed losing the game, we don’t want to be behind them but there were signs that we are on the right track.

Wally Gunnar Solksjaer, he's a joke and should be nowhere near the United job (not that I'm complaining)

It’s just embarrassing. The whole club is embarrassment.

If it has to stay, just remove the teams who qualify from Europe from it. Need to make up the numbers, well invite the losing play off teams from the Conference to step up.
Those teams could just make it an U23/fringe player experience. That way those players all get a game of competitive first team football.

I'm a pro League Cup person, dunno what Peps goin on about, the teams in Europe always put out the kids anyway, which gives them and the lesser squad members gametime and a chance for the fans to see them too

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/21/osasuna-match-fixing-spain-court-la-liga
The Spanish first division club Osasuna fixed football matches in an attempt to avoid relegation over two seasons, a court heard on Tuesday.

A former club secretary said that the club had paid Getafe and Real Betis to lose against them in 2012-13 and 2013-14 respectively and had made a further payment to Espanyol in return for a draw as he gave testimony in the case led by the investigating judge Fermín Otamendi and brought against 11 men: six former Osasuna directors, three former Betis players and two estate agents also accused of being involved.

bloody hell!

So should an actual donner if you saw them being made!

Pizza should be banned from football full stop

I went to the Vetch Field once and all they had was popcorn. Fucking popcorn.

Who eats that at football, in fact who eats it full stop outside of the cinema (which in itself is one of the strangest phenomenons in the world, people en masse buying something that looks, feels and tastes like styrofoam because it's "what you do")

In what conceivable way is halloumi vegan? It's fucking cheese!

In the same way that bacon, tuna, pork etc aren't vegan, but you get vegan products labelled as them...

I went to the Vetch Field once and all they had was popcorn. Fucking popcorn.

Who eats that at football, in fact who eats it full stop outside of the cinema (which in itself is one of the strangest phenomenons in the world, people en masse buying something that looks, feels and tastes like styrofoam because it's "what you do")

Who eats popcorn outside of the cinema? Americans do. Unfortunately it's not the only thing they do because everyone else does - eg guns, trucks, linedancing.

Haggis nachos, actually. It was lovely*

* = Judgement may have been impaired by several libations prior; happily before that face-meltingly awful pint of McEwan's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back