• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby County have reported a profit of £14.6m after selling Pride Park stadium to owner Mel Morris for £80m. The club also received £1.9m following Gary Rowett's departure to Stoke.

One way round FFP I guess. Any bets on Morris "selling" the Stadium back to the club on the cheap in the next few years

This seems to be a trend at the moment and the FA should be stepping in to stop this.

Say Morris sells Derby he could hike the rent to an exorbitant amount and screw the club over just because he can. SISU did this to Coventry and Smurthwaite is doing it to Port Vale.

It's wrong and as Football Stadia can only be used for that purpose (a stadium) then there's only one reason to split the ground from the club.

Bolton's game v Ipswich can't go ahead this weekend as they have lost their safety certificate.

Bolton's game v Ipswich can't go ahead this weekend as they have lost their safety certificate.

Will go ahead behind closed doors as a minimum if the players stop there strike action

His comment on them being shit when he paid them made me laugh.

Problem for Bolton is the potential new owner is as big a fraud as the current one. HMRC case against Bolton back in court today.

His comment on them being shit when he paid them made me laugh.

Problem for Bolton is the potential new owner is as big a fraud as the current one. HMRC case against Bolton back in court today.

So HMRC will probably throw the book at them

So HMRC will probably throw the book at them
Well we will see. The HMRC lawyers have always been shit when it comes to dealing with football teams.

From what I have seen it will be a sale or straight to liquidation.

Due into court now and will be seen at 10.45/10.50ish. No deal in place or an administrator as it stands

Lawrence Bossini was at the court and is close to taking over Bolton. Someone from the FA saying that just because he had been has been bankrupt before doesn't mean he isn't a "fit and proper" owner... He's served his time so should get a clean slate :ursofunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back