• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite why so many managers take umbrage with a bit of criticism is a mystery to me.

Because as in all walks of life, you find a lot of people who still have the emotional levels of children.

Bruce and Allardyce are two of the worst for it.

Arry has the biggest ego that exist in football, after he was sacked by Blues he did numerous phone ins to explain why it wasn’t his fault. He fled from QPR when he realised he couldn’t keep them up and blamed it on a dodgy knee that meant he couldn’t stand in the dugout.

And apparently he's going onto I'm a celebrity get me out of here,ITV have said "Harry's well known in the football world and also as a character with great stories"

Is he taking Niko Kranjcar into the jungle with him?

And apparently he's going onto I'm a celebrity get me out of here,ITV have said "Harry's well known in the football world and also as a character with great stories"

Quite a long way to say cunt

Nicholas bendtner jailed for 50 days in jail for assault(so he can hit something if he tries) he assaulted a taxi driver after the taxi driver threw a can at bendtner after he walked off without paying

I'd be fine with that, let them go off and form their league, as long as there is no relegation and don't come back.

I think wanting them to just disappear misses two fundamental points. Firstly, Wolves aspire to be one of those clubs which clearly then wouldn't happen. Secondly, the money from the PL haemorrhages meaning we lose our best players and biggest source of income.

Well Fosun said they want Wolves to win the Prem. Get rid of this lot and it's sealed!

The greed of the top 6 (hopefully spurs will go too) is insatiable, they are pretty much guaranteed European football and massive revenues and it's not enough, it probably never will be enough. A European league is probably inevitable, as long as they go and are not allowed back then that's fine by me. We can concentrate on winning the prem and a future European competition. We didn't need the premier league's money to get where we are now and will be ok without it.

And it would about as much as winning the football league does, now. It may be the same trophy, but it won't be the same competition.

If uefa/fifa want to combat that proposal, they'll have to ban players from international football unless they're registered to a domestic league club or something.

And it would about as much as winning the football league does, now. It may be the same trophy, but it won't be the same competition.

If uefa/fifa want to combat that proposal, they'll have to ban players from international football unless they're registered to a domestic league club or something.

Some players won’t care as long as their pockets are lined.
An 18 team super league with no relegation? So the only worthwhile objective is to win the league.
Come February there’ll be a lot of dull meaningless games.
I’d also ban them from domestic cup games to.
Roma V Spurs in March with both sides sat in the bottom half with nothing to play? Sorry it’ll be hard to generate any genuine interest in that when nothing is riding on it.

Yeah, I can't see there being serious appetite for it amongst fans. I'd love to see Wolves in Europe one day but that's just one competition - I want to play other English teams every week.

Yeah, I can't see there being serious appetite for it amongst fans. I'd love to see Wolves in Europe one day but that's just one competition - I want to play other English teams every week.

Absolutely whilst games like tonight are great I still enjoy us playing sides from these shores who we have history with.

And if it's a European super league surely you should be having red star Belgrade,Sparta Prague and the like in it,or put them in the second tier and have relegation/promotion,and if it's "big" clubs,surely forest should be in there as twice European cup winners,after all twice as good as Chelsea,and a different universe to arsenal,Spurs who've never won it.
Only problem is none of my suggestions make money,and that's all it boils down to.im with most others here,let them go to this super league,and never let them back,I'm sure united fans would love being mid table mediocre in a super league,with nothing to play for in December.
Would it affect the champions league? Or could we just go back to how it was,non of this drawing and hope for second in your group to qualify,win or go home would be more exciting

I feel that were we ever to end up in such a league it would kill football for me, I can honestly say I'd rather watch us in League One than some phoney, false Euro league

Bizzare comment from Sarri saying Drinkwater can't play in a midfield two.

Apart from when he won the Premier League alongside Kante that is...?

Wayne Rooney back for England. Will play v the USA and win his 120th cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back