• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Went and did a winter gear shop at Decathlon the other day. Base layer, winter gloves, over shoes, winter socks etc.
I'm warm enough in a base layer, long sleeve cycling top, and a lightweight jacket. Got a thicker jacket but whenever I've worn it I've always gotten overheated in it. It was always my feet that got too cold, but with proper socks and overshoes I seem to have that problem solved.

FAO: Penk

What distances were you clocking up in a day on average when you did John O'Groats to Lands End?

Thinking of planning a mini UK tour and want to know what a reasonable amount to expect to cover per day for a non-pro.

I'd be concerned about that cassette range. Might not be wide range enough if you ever face some steeper climbs.
Cheers machin.
I'm actually considering a mountain bike instead at the mo.
This is owing to cost (mainly), but also the fact that I do go over varying terrain. Plus near(ish) here are canals, and a country park that has areas I'd cycle in if I started doing more than commuting on it. Plus I went sunday and looked at a few hybrids, and couldn't help bit wonder if they were a bit fragile - wheels too easy to buckle etc.
If I did go mtb, then it would be without suspension.
Still, I'm still looking to pop to evans this weekend t explore further.

MTB are no more sturdy, it's all about the geometry and comfort for the rough terrains. All of which cost energy and are at odds with cycling efficiently on the road. Road/hybrids are in no danger of buckling mate. The wheels might be thinner but your concerns are misplaced. Once I rode a hybrid I knew I'd never go back to MTB, and now I've got a road bike, I'd never go back to hybrid.

Have always done the gym and running outside without music. I have downloaded all my favourite music on to my telephone, however I'm thinking of getting some cabeless Bluetooth earphones. Anybody else tried this, do they work and anybody got advice about some decent ones to go for? I will use them mainly for running and weights I usually go for quality and price. Prefer not to spend a fortune just for the name, if there isn't much difference in quality than some cheaper ones.

That is a great price, however they might be a little too big for running. Does your dad use them for sport? Dan. If he does, does he get uninterrupted music when he is running?
Thanks.

He does a bit of jogging with them yeah, he is 60 though so nothing too strenuous :icon_lol:

It's all offline Spotify playlists that he uses while out and about and if there has been a problem with them dropping out then he hasn't mentioned it to me (and believe me, he would)

He does a bit of jogging with them yeah, he is 60 though so nothing too strenuous :icon_lol:

It's all offline Spotify playlists that he uses while out and about and if there has been a problem with them dropping out then he hasn't mentioned it to me (and believe me, he would)

They certainly look good quality and a very good price.

Did my first 10k of the year - christ it's cold out there. Pleased with my time.

Only problem was that a small section of my route is around the local playing field. There was a kids football match on and as the ground is slippery and I was only wearing running shoes I proceeded to fall arse over tit in the mud right in front of them.

Back