• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Gattaca is indeed a fantastic film.

American Beauty on BBC Four. That'll do.

All good things have imperfections...

The Monuments Men. Gets a rotten tomato from me.

Finally got round to watching The Damned United last night, bought it ages ago and just never watched it.

I quite liked it, though i've no idea how accurate it is as i've never really read up much on Clough but i think he came across as a bit of a cunt in the film, very bitter and petty about pretty much everything and his relationship with Peter Taylor was bordering on the homo-erotic at times by the looks of things in the film.

I'd recommend it though, spotted a little reference to my employer in there too, well his dad anyway.

Finally got round to watching The Damned United last night, bought it ages ago and just never watched it.

I quite liked it, though i've no idea how accurate it is as i've never really read up much on Clough but i think he came across as a bit of a $#@! in the film, very bitter and petty about pretty much everything and his relationship with Peter Taylor was bordering on the homo-erotic at times by the looks of things in the film.

I'd recommend it though, spotted a little reference to my employer in there too, well his dad anyway.

Johnny Giles reckons the Leeds bits are total bollocks apart from the 'medals in the bin' part. Giles said he never liked Clough but respected him as a manager and that he always gave his best for him on the pitch. He also claimed that the whole player revolt thing was nonsense too. Its worth watching for Sheen alone though.

Kevin Costner and his 3 Days To Kill. Now theres a man that gets better looking with age. Film aint bad either.

Just watched Limitless, Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro. Great fun.

Ferris Beuller's day off just starting on E4.
Classic!

Mia Sara never did much after that. I remember her in Legend with Tom Cruise but that's about it.

Mia Sara never did much after that. I remember her in Legend with Tom Cruise but that's about it.

Yeah that was a weird one as she was an amazing looking woman. You'd have thought she'd have the world at her feet.

The Railway Man - well worth a watch. I thought the book was fascinating, and both actors who portray the protagonist (Colin Firth and Jeremy Irvine) both do a fantastic job. Brutal in places and incredibly moving in others, it's a very good adaptation.

Just about to watch Son Of God.

Not being the most religious of people, dont think I'll see the end.

And I dont care what ya say, he wouldn't have been that bloody good looking with teeth as perfect and white as the actor who is playing Jesus !!!

300 Rise Of An Empire. Enjoyed it but not as much as the first. And Eva Green's voice is irritating.

The Railway Man - well worth a watch. I thought the book was fascinating, and both actors who portray the protagonist (Colin Firth and Jeremy Irvine) both do a fantastic job. Brutal in places and incredibly moving in others, it's a very good adaptation.

It's a top film.

Back