• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Serkis is great. (YMMV, obviously)

I'm amazed they got Harrison Ford to sign up. Absolutely amazed.

Max Von Sydow?! Cool.

I'm far too excited about this film. I know it might be $#@! but I just cannot wait to see it.

Some very good actors in that line up. I'm scarred from the prequels but heartened by the Disney exec who said Ep 7 was all about 'screenplay, screenplay, screenplay'.

Sorry but what's YMMV ? Is that a dyslexic Village People song ?

Bloody kids :)

Brilliant in Dennis Potters Pennies from Heaven.

The Long Good Friday, his performance in the last couple of minutes when he's weighing up what the IRA are going to do with him is epic.

Sad loss, i even remember him from On the move.

Last Orders with Bob Hoskins is up there with my favourite films.

Sad to hear of his passing :(

The last film that had me reaching for the tissues was Wild Things.

The last film that had me reaching for the tissues was Wild Things.

Did it make you a little 'moist' Bear ? Is that with Suzie and Kelly ? Or am i getting mixed up with another.

I spent the last two days watching all the avengers movies, in order, with my wife who decided she wanted to see what all the fuss was about superheroes. Fantastic way to spend 2 days!

Just watched beerfest. Inane, puerile, ridiculous ( I mean the Americans winning a beer drinking contest? Fucking behave) and yet still hilarious.

Labor Day. As if a woman would be so irresponsible to decide to go on the run and leave with her son with an escaped prisoner after knowing him 3 days. A prisoner who is convicted of murder and who makes the woman drive him to her house after a trip to the shops. After a Labor Day weekend, he wins her over by fixing her car, cleaning the gutters, dancing in the kitchen, mending the squeaky door, making dinner, tying her up, untying her, and making pies.. After 3 days they decide to run off to Canada, together, and the boy . All I can say is he was either a bloody good shag, with a handsome looking face and willy, or he made exceptionally good peach pies. Although the storyline ends well, he gets caught and after he does another stint in jail for kidnapping the woman and boy, he does his time, he gets released, they get together and the boy, now a young man has become a baker ..making pies.

And now ive told you the beginning, middle and end, I shouldnt bother watching it. Its shit.

Last edited:
I took my daughter to see the Lego Movie yesterday. It was really really entertaining. Quite surprising for what was really just a big advert.

I , Frankenstein 3D.

I have just managed 50 minutes before becoming utterly bored . Bloody load of nonsense.

Back