• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Just watched Captain Phillips on on demand, cracking film, brilliant stuff from Tom Hanks and that bloke that plays the Somali Captain.

Mark Kermode's review of the new Transformers film was hilarious, a full on Kermodian rant. Suffice to say he wasn't impressed and doesn't think a lot of Michael Bay. Can't say I disagree with him.

Easily the best film critic around at the moment, never miss him and Simon Mayo on Friday afternoon, I saw his rant about the new transformers film on breakfast, hilariously cruel.

Just watched Captain Phillips on on demand, cracking film, brilliant stuff from Tom Hanks and that bloke that plays the Somali Captain.

I thought it was great as well. Really enjoyed it.

Just listened to it!

"Epic is David Lean. Michael Bay thinks epic is David St Hubbins"

The Lego Movie. Very possibly the greatest title in movie history.

Bad Words. The most irritating unfunny pathetic film ever.

Have to say, I thought Langers was excellent in Der Baader Meinhof Complex...

Mark Kermode's review of the new Transformers film was hilarious, a full on Kermodian rant. Suffice to say he wasn't impressed and doesn't think a lot of Michael Bay. Can't say I disagree with him.

Just listened - cheers for the heads up. Brilliant!

"The fight sequences are incomprehensible - like putting your head in a tumble dryer and letting cutlery bang around in there" :icon_lol:

Been to see The House of Magic in threed at Bentley Bridge, great fun if you've got kids or Grandkids.

Sharknado 2 is on Syfy tonight.

Bring it on.

Got it on sky+ record as I'm at work. Did you see the Prehistoric Ice Sharks film the other night? Unbelievably shit acting, CGI and plot but I couldn't stop laughing!
They are Comedy films aren't they?!! :)

Sharknado is the ultimate in Langers' definition of turd. So bad it is utterly brilliant. The Spinal Tap of celluloid.

Can't wait to see if they trumped it with the sequel. Placing it in New York City, well known home of both killer sharks and tornadoes is an encouraging start....

Sharknado is the ultimate in Langers' definition of turd. So bad it is utterly brilliant. The Spinal Tap of celluloid.

Can't wait to see if they trumped it with the sequel. Placing it in New York City, well known home of both killer sharks and tornadoes is an encouraging start....

This is going to be amazing mate. I can't wait. Though I'm going to have to Sky + it. Is Tara Reid returning? I thought her character was extremely complex, and the way she handled both empathy and tragedy in such tense scenes in Sharknado 1 has left me begging for the sequel for months.

This is going to be amazing mate. I can't wait. Though I'm going to have to Sky + it. Is Tara Reid returning? I thought her character was extremely complex, and the way she handled both empathy and tragedy in such tense scenes in Sharknado 1 has left me begging for the sequel for months.

:ursofunny:

Back