• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Django is brilliant, Christophe Waltz is one of my favourites actors.

Django is brilliant, Christophe Waltz is one of my favourites actors.

With a name like that the movie should be called Tango or something. :) Never heard of him btw....although it's quite possible I love his acting as I pay very little attention to names in movies (I haven't seen Django yet).

Watching the high-brow Freddy Got Fingered on 4music. I'm actually finding it pretty funny.

The Conjoining

5/10

Much of a muchness poltergeist possession flick. Ive seen better, nothing that scary. The Exorcism of Emily Rose is better.

Saw Flight today - really good film and Denzel Washington was superb (as he normally is). I thought more of it was based on a true story than actually was though.

Escape to Victory was on the telly yesterday lunchtime,well now I cant watch anything without IMDBing and I found this :

"The original draft of the script was a serious drama, based on the true story of a group of allied POWs challenged to a football match by the Germans. The deal was that if the Germans won the match, the POWs would be set free in Switzerland. However if the POWs won, they would be shot. The POWs decided to go for 'victory', won the match and were consequently executed."

Interesting tactic !

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is to play Seb Coe in a film about his rivalry with fellow Olympian Steve Ovett. Who should play Steve Ovett?

The Diving Bell & The Butterfly is starting right now on BBC2.

Thoroughly recommended film.

I watched Iron Sky yesterday. I was led to believe it was one of those so bad it's good type of films. It wasn't.

Thor

I managed to stay awake throughout the whole film which for me is always a bonus. A reasonable watch if you like the comic book type movies. 7/10

I watched some of 2012 with John Cusack last night. Utter tripe.

I really like John Cusack but he does make some awful film choices.

Edit: Just to be clear - John Cusack was in the movie - I wasn't watching it with him. Much to my wife's annoyance.

First or second one?

The one that is on at the Cinema now? I will presume its the second one and you will probably guess from my reply that I'm not much of a film buff.

As an homage to watching 12 angry men at the theatre a week ago, I watched the dvd last night.

Epic film.

Back