• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness on Sunday night.

Benedict Cumberbatch was easily the best thing in it, but the film itself was so instantly forgettable. Dull plot, dull set pieces and it was too long.

I liked the first one. How does it compare?

I didn't think it was as good as the first one. The baddie is better but the set pieces and story aren't quite as good IMO.

Alice Eve's character was pointless as well. Only there for one gratuitous underwear shot. It reminded me of having Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in the Bond film!

Just watched The Karate Kid, just magnificent. Not the shit Jackie Chan remake, the original.

I watched Superman - Man of Steel.Lots of cool effects but I actually got bored towards the end with all the fighting...

TWF IMDB

What movie have you just watched, did you enjoy it, was it crap. How do you rate it.

No spoilers please..

A Frozen Ground

Based on a true story of a serial killer named Robert Hansen who murdered 20 woman and abused countless others.

I really enjoyed it and like most true story its eerie that this could ever happen.

7/10

Pitch Perfect

A simultaneously heart-rending and life-affirming story about an accapella singing competition. You'll want to put your foot through the TV.

2/10

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatball 2

Very enjoyable animated family fun. 8/10

£4 fucking 80p for a small popcorn. Robdogs 1/10

£4 fucking 80p for a small popcorn. Robdogs 1/10

Took my daughter to see that - not quite as good as the first one, which I really liked, but still good fun like you say.

What's wrong with "The Film Thread"?

The longest yard

Definately not Adam Sandler's best work and the overall use of humour was quite poor. It's a solid story but is let down by clichés.

2/10

The longest yard

Definately not Adam Sandler's best work and the overall use of humour was quite poor. It's a solid story but is let down by clichés.

2/10

won't that be when he turns work down and appears in nothing?

So why did you watch an Adam Sandler film, James? :icon_lol:

Some series

The Blacklist

Good stories, Characters quickly became familiar, The main bloke fits his weird/killer part very well. Look forward to the next one

8/10

Black Orphan

The first few episodes sizzled my poor brain, but then it all made itself clear and we got a decent series. Cool idea, and the woman playing it all does it well.

8/10

Revolution

Here's hoping it doesn't end up like Lost, dragging on into a shit ending. So far, pretty damn good. Good characters, lots going on but it isn't TOO much.

9/10

Battleship - 0/10

Q4: Your a bad-ass alien who traveled ten's of light years to take over another planet, what do you bring as a personal weapon?

A - A ray gun than can evaporate anything in sight
B - Any other type of projectile weapon
C - A knife that looks like a screwdriver

Answer: C - The only weakness being that it takes this weapon 20 seconds to warm up, giving a double leg amputee enough time to walk up to the armored alien kick-box it in the head and take off it's helmet.

(comments stolen from IMDB)

£4 $#@!ing 80p for a small popcorn. Robdogs 1/10

Took my daughter to see that - not quite as good as the first one, which I really liked, but still good fun like you say.

Just got back from taking the Granddaughters to see it at Bentley Bridge, first 3D film i've seen, great fun, not cheap though.

I like Adam Sandler. I also didn't mind pitch perfect.

Dilemma of the week - watch One Direction (Go to sleep) or answer the door to trick or treaters.

Back