• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

No, you dissed the JC (not Jody Craddock btw) I can't be having that.

There's only 2 JC's that I would diss, that's that twat, and Jesus Christ.

No, make that 3, Jeremy Clarkson.

Dumb & Dumber is a brilliant film. The new one will be godawful guaranteed.

Watched 2 over the weekend, Redemption & The Frozen Ground. They certainly wont leave you feeling full of the joys of Spring, but still, both very good films.

I watched a film called Bandslam last week. I'd never heard of it but just happened to be starting when i was flicking through the channels one night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0976222/

It's about a state battle of the bands for high-schools. So a music nerd kid joins a new school and ends up managing one of the school bands which is going up against the most popular band in school. He occasionally does this weird thing of, in a voiceover, writing to David Bowie to tell him how his life is going as he's his hero. Then Dave Bowie actually gets a cameo at the end! very bizzare.

It has Vanessa Hudgens in it, and a really, really fit blonde girl called Aly Michalka who I swear I've seen in something before but don't recognise any of her other stuff.

Anyway, it was surprisingly decent with some good songs in it. I even didn't mind Lisa Kudrow as the lad's mum, and I normally hate her!

I took my kids to see Bandslam when it first came out, as they wanted to see what Ms Hudgens did after High School Musical. (I didn't mention the naked selfies, obviously). As you say, really not too bad.

I saw the latest Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine last week in a proper flea pit in Hammersmith. The performances were good, and no doubt it'll win a few Oscars, but I don't think it's the masterpiece some reviews reckon it is. If it didn't have Woody Allen's name all over it, I'm not sure it would be rated so highly. Good for a rainy Sunday afternoon in with the wife, I reckon.

Bandslam is a good film and much better than i expected it to be and not just because Vanessa Hudgens and Aly Michalka are in it.

Watched both Argo and Flight yesterday, fantastic films in different ways.

Watched some piece of shit called 'Truth or dare' over the weekend, not my choice, awful film, not a single redeeming feature.

Finally got round to watching dredd last night. How fucking violent is that film?

After Earth, bit of a flop for me. But how come Will Smith never seems to age !

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness on Sunday night.

Benedict Cumberbatch was easily the best thing in it, but the film itself was so instantly forgettable. Dull plot, dull set pieces and it was too long.

Back