• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Went & saw Ted last night. Some very funny moments.
Saw some equally terrible trailers for what appears to be a wedding related trend of very bad comedies though. You have been warned!

I'm going to see Ted tonight. Not expecting anything great but should be worth a few laughs.

If the humour is similar to Family Guy or American Dad then that will do for me.

The conversation between Waj and the police negotiator is the highlight for me...

I love Chris Morris but I think my expectations were too high. A 7/10 effort when I was expecting a slice of genius. Shaun of the Dead is the best comedy film of the last 10 years.

I'm going to see Ted tonight. Not expecting anything great but should be worth a few laughs.

If the humour is similar to Family Guy or American Dad then that will do for me.

Can't wait to see Ted. Family Guy is world class. The only american comedy that makes me properly laugh.

I love Chris Morris but I think my expectations were too high. A 7/10 effort when I was expecting a slice of genius. Shaun of the Dead is the best comedy film of the last 10 years.

I absolutely adore Pegg and especially Frost - Both geniuses, starting with Shaun of the Dead, bloody fantastic

And going back to Four Lions... Glad a few of you have seen it!

I pissed myself at it, proper funny film.

And again the guy who plays Waj is very very good at acting, and very funny indeed.

And again the guy who plays Waj is very very good at acting, and very funny indeed.

Waj is Fonejacker, or rather the actor is. Kayvan Novak.

I thought all of the actors in it were super, i've seen it at least 20 times now and it's still as funny as it was the first time. My favourite line of the film has got to be "lets bomb boots, they sell condoms that make you wanna bang white girls"

I do. Shame they are sold out.

Would be better as a tumbler for white russians though really.

Hunger Games:Having high hopes was a mistake,a weird future society not enough.

The Lucky One:Cliché hero,cliché small town,cliché small town people,cliché bad ex,cliché story.Seen it all before.Disappointed.

Battleship: It was alright.

The Muppets - Very disappointing. Plot thrown together very haphazardly. The song that won the Oscar wasn't even the best song in the film, and by the end I was wishing we could see more of the human stuff than the muppets. Don't even get me started on Chris Cooper rapping FFS.

Pirates - Took it's time to get going for me, but the second half of the film had some great gags and set pieces.

Jeremy Renner just doesn't look a convincing action hero. I'd never be able to willingly suspend my disbelief.

Someone give me something to watch!

....Ok, a little more specific? Comedies - Not 30 year old ones though sorry, different laughter to what a 22 year old gets.

Someone give me something to watch!

....Ok, a little more specific? Comedies - Not 30 year old ones though sorry, different laughter to what a 22 year old gets.

Best In Show

Back