• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Southgate loves a draw middle game. It secures top so long as we beat Slovenia - reckon we will. But the actual performance was shocking. Tactics very poor.

All the noise I’m hearing is concerning everyone sounds very down in interviews.
I’m just hoping we’re doing an Italy of 1982, 2006 or Portugal 2016.
We won’t we’ll have another glorious failure

Kane on five live just now was revealing. Basically saying they don't know when to go, or how to respond if they're a little deep.
That's exactly what lots of us will have been saying. So, who is calling 'the plays'? Why aren't they waking up after the first twenty vs Serbia. Something is badly wrong.

Yup. It looks to me like the instructions are vague, and with half an eye on fitness. Like he's saying "don't be mental in the press but don't sit off, don't play too open, stonesy don't push into midfield, Rice don't push into attack etc.". It's all too rigid, apart obviously from Harry Kane dropping deep. I think he's done tbh. Great career and all that but he's a piece of piss to play against these days especially as we don't do the one thing he can do which his use him as a target man

Squad actually lacks leadership, Kane isn’t the leader some think. Not saying Henderson should be in the squad but at least he offered a degree of leadership. The unbalanced left side is really concerning.
I was pragmatic on Sunday but today has deflated me and to a point has me thinking we’ve got no chance, just don’t go out to Scotland is all I ask.

Squad actually lacks leadership, Kane isn’t the leader some think. Not saying Henderson should be in the squad but at least he offered a degree of leadership. The unbalanced left side is really concerning.
I was pragmatic on Sunday but today has deflated me and to a point has me thinking we’ve got no chance, just don’t go out to Scotland is all I ask.
Don't think that's true at all.

Trippier, Rice, Stones, Pickford and Kane all captains and leaders for their clubs at one point or another.

Don't think that's true at all.

Trippier, Rice, Stones, Pickford and Kane all captains and leaders for their clubs at one point or another.

They’re not showing it though

Good to see the England summer tournament experience is back from its 8 years hiatus.
This pretty much was the conversation post game between 2000-2016.

Missed the game....how did we do?

They’re not showing it though
I'd say Pickford is, he's the only one trying to motivate and push players.

We aren't offering any form of style, no high press or defending the channels. No quick passing or direct balls. There's clearly no plan as to how we are supposed to be playing.

Add in that we look really susceptible to any form of press and it's a recipe for an early trip home.

First I've seen of Yamal but WOW.
He's fucking 16! Playing like he's been an top international for years.
Spain are an exciting watch arent they, should be a couple of goals up really, Williams has been on fire.

Spain swamping Italy currently

Last edited:
The theatrics and gamesmanship in this game are ruining it. Doesn't help we have a ref who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Hope the second half is better.

The theatrics and gamesmanship in this game are ruining it. Doesn't help we have a ref who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Hope the second half is better.
Really? I've enjoyed it, Spain bossing it, Italy doing Italian things.

Been a good game a lot of traditional stuff today, England dreadful but edging through, Spain looking technically brilliant in the group stage, Italy doing just about enough.
Ultimately Italy will go the deepest, Spain will fall over their own feet and England will go out on penalties

Back