• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Dreadful..out to the first decent team they play

We’re effectively through Albania would need to beat Spain and Scotland Beat Hungary heavily

Disgusting attitude from some of them. Tactics and intent were abysmal. We know there's some quality footballers in there, front foot, aggressive players, but he's basically tying their shoelaces together. I got fucking laughed at last year for saying this group was wasted on Southgate. This group is wasted on Southgate.

Absoltely awful from england.
Kane, bellingham, rice, eze, were just awful.
So many others too.
Got to say Guehi was class, and tge back four in general were ok considering they were the pre tournament worry.
Forward of that, absolutely nothing to write home about.

Could be worse you could be going out there on Sunday night for the Slovenia game. In all honesty I’m more looking forward to the Craich, sights and German Beer the football is just a byproduct.

If the best left sided player in the Premier League last season doesn't get any minutes in this tournament I think it will seal Southgate's fate.

Yes it's an excellent start.
Wouldn't hurt to put Foden and one or two others on the bench for the next game. Plenty of games to go if we are to go all the way. Can always bring them off the bench if needed.
Give others a run and keep everyone fresh, involved and competing.
Wouldn't mess with the back four though.

I stand by what I said after the first game.

Only Geuhi and Trippier come out with any credit. Bellingham looked done in after 20 minutes and was left on the pitch to stroll about and contribute nothing. That’s not on him it’s all on Southgate.
Rice too. Worst I've seen him play.

Southgate had answers to both Rice and Bellingham today but chose neither.

He's done, Kane basically saying tactically they haven't a clue what they're doing

I'm kicking myself now for not laying England when they were 3/1 or whatever. They were clearly underpriced, bit I didn't think they'd be quite this shit.

Southgate bleating on about “needing energy”. You picked a squad. You knew several players were returning from injuries. But you’ve picked the same 11 in both games. Palmer/Gordon arguably the best two wingers/wide midfielders in the PL last season and they have a combined 0 minutes so far.

Make it make sense.

Disgusting attitude from some of them. Tactics and intent were abysmal. We know there's some quality footballers in there, front foot, aggressive players, but he's basically tying their shoelaces together. I got fucking laughed at last year for saying this group was wasted on Southgate. This group is wasted on Southgate.
I didn't laugh at you Del. Southgate is bang average.

Kane on five live just now was revealing. Basically saying they don't know when to go, or how to respond if they're a little deep.

Back