• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

I live Chiesa, quality footballer. Remember his dad Enrico playing for Italy, was at Euro 96

Ricky Church!

Loved him and Signori in the Gazetta days on C4

I live Chiesa, quality footballer. Remember his dad Enrico playing for Italy, was at Euro 96
Yeah, Chiesa is one hell of a player. He was player of the tournament at Euro 2020 for me, then didn't he get injured and miss the final?

I'm particularly enjoying the pronunciation of the Albanian centre half "Jim City".

Sounds like the name of a Bob Mortimer character.

Decent, sure, but Serie A is falling away from England, Germany, and Spain IMV and you can’t make up for that easily.

Will they never win another trophy? Almost certainly they can. But I can’t see them ever getting back to the heights they once soared.
Number 1 by a mile in UEFA qualification points this year, which granted isn't weighted towards the competition

Yeah Spinazzola picked up a serious injury and went home. Until then he had been brilliant. Chiesa got injured in the final

Beautiful footballer

Has Shearer smoked a pack of Marlboro Reds during the first half?

Probably got a sore throat trying to shout across the vast studio the Beeb had pregame. It was the size of an aircraft hangar!

Albanian tactics since going behind have been pretty pathetic.

Calafiori looks like he's trying hard to be the new Cannavaro.

It’s been a poor game really from after 20 minutes, Italy have Albania at arms length.
Not sure what Albania are trying to do.

VAR should be able to correct goal kicks that should be corners and vice versa.

VAR should be able to correct goal kicks that should be corners and vice versa.
When it's as obvious as that, yes. Would take five seconds and a whisper in the refs ear.

Obviously there’s a bit of idealism in suggesting VAR should get more involved.

Also I love an underdog so biased in Albania’s favor. With apologies to Lupo. My Italian ancestors weren’t from Naples so mayhap he can forgive me turning against them!

Back