• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Italy’s time as a consistent major power is done IMO.

Id disagree, Italy is big enough and football is popular enough that they'll always get decent players coming through
Decent, sure, but Serie A is falling away from England, Germany, and Spain IMV and you can’t make up for that easily.

Will they never win another trophy? Almost certainly they can. But I can’t see them ever getting back to the heights they once soared.

Decent, sure, but Serie A is falling away from England, Germany, and Spain IMV and you can’t make up for that easily.

Will they never win another trophy? Almost certainly they can. But I can’t see them ever getting back to the heights they once soared.

Semis or final in 1990, 1994, 2000, 2006, 2012 and 2021

They've never really ever gone away from having a big tournament in them, unless you go back to the 1930s they've never been better than that

Yep very much a feast or famine side, group stage in 66, runners up in 70, group stage 74, very meh 78, winners 82, second round 86

Fair point, I'd use Portugal as a counter argument though.

Semis or final in 1990, 1994, 2000, 2006, 2012 and 2021

They've never really ever gone away from having a big tournament in them, unless you go back to the 1930s they've never been better than that
This what I mean, I don’t think they’ll have another run like ‘90-‘12. That’s a remarkable stretch of success.

They’re intelligent at football, most of the times they’ve won something they were probably the most savvy as opposed to the best in quality. Certainly was the case in 2006 probably in 2021 and more than likely in 1982.

Back