• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Took a while but ITV have finally over the last decade (since the nadir of the Chiles era) sorted out their presenter and pundits. Thought Gael Clichy was excellent earlier. But their main commentators remain appalling, Clive makes me actively pine for Boobies Matterface.
Andros Townsend has been good in this game

I still don’t understand why we didn’t try and get a fee for him?
If he was out of contract (it appears he was, we never properly announced the length of his deal when he signed) and he didn't want to stay to go on endless loans or be inexplicably stuck behind Tugboat Doherty, not much we could do about it.

If he was out of contract (it appears he was, we never properly announced the length of his deal when he signed) and he didn't want to stay to go on endless loans or be inexplicably stuck behind Tugboat Doherty, not much we could do about it.
Yeah, I wasn’t sure when his contract ran out. You’d have thought we could work something to get a small fee - the lads clearly got something about him! Also extremely weird how he wasn’t given a go here ahead of Doc, as you say.

Start of it was work permit issues. Presume that wouldn't have been a problem in his final year with us

Start of it was work permit issues. Presume that wouldn't have been a problem in his final year with us
Shouldn't be now as he has 16 caps for Hungary and they're quite highly ranked by FIFA now.

Good finish Embolo, excellent striker, just has always had fitness issues.

I'm not sure that's a very good Spain team

GQH2MTRXwAA6E8r

I'm not sure that's a very good Spain team

GQH2MTRXwAA6E8r
Depends how they play, the midfield and wingers are obscenely talented.

Le Normand's a very solid CB but the rest are pretty average. Think they'll concede a fair few.

The defence is very pedestrian.

Grimaldo is miles better than Cucurella, that's a nonsense pick.

Morata still knocking around up top is hardly a raging endorsement.
Joselu and Ayoze Perez the alternatives! I wouldn't want Wolves to sign either of them.

I suppose you could play Ferran Torres as a false #9 but they're very light on quality in that area.

Joselu and Ayoze Perez the alternatives! I wouldn't want Wolves to sign either of them.

I suppose you could play Ferran Torres as a false #9 but they're very light on quality in that area.
Bloody hell that is bad, didn't realise they were that desperate in that position.

Not sure on the keeper there. Hardly a convincing finish by Morata.

Back