• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Of course I have, just in my sport we didn’t fall over at a breath.

It’s my least favorite thing in soccer; defenders get a wild benefit of the doubt in those situations. It’s almost always given but it’s weak and shouldn’t be, IMO.
He shouldn’t have his hand on him at all, he just rinsed him. A push in the back at the speed Walker was running is always going to send you over and it’s a foul.

Of course I have, I’m a twiggy little bitch but I’ve done contact sports.

It’s my least favorite thing in soccer; defenders get a wild benefit of the doubt in those situations. It’s almost always given but it’s weak and shouldn’t be, IMO.
It just seems weak because it takes so little to unbalance someone in that situation.

Doesn't make it any less of a foul than shoving someone over shoulder to shoulder.

I have, I’m a twiggy little bitch but I’ve done contact sports.

Defenders going down is a completely different scenario at the opposite end of the pitch!

He shouldn’t have his hand on him at all, he just rinsed him. A push in the back at the speed Walker was running is always going to send you over and it’s a foul.
I just simply can’t agree with this. Does Walker get touched, yes. Is it really enough to send him tumbling? Absolutely not, IMV, he just stops moving his legs so that he falls.

Kane absolutely has to come off, it’s like we’re playing with ten. Not sure if I’d bring Watkins or Toney on but we need someone to occupy their centre backs because Kane really isn’t.

Kane absolutely has to come off, it’s like we’re playing with ten. Not sure if I’d bring Watkins or Toney on but we need someone to occupy their centre backs because Kane really isn’t.
He's been rubbish all tournament, his first touch has been garbage and turns the ball over every time he tries to hold it up.

I’ll be happy to disagree with that take all day long to be fair.
I’m happy to be disagreed with on this, it’s not something that’s ever going to be reffed the way I want.

I get that football is not other contact sports but equally there is a huge delta between the contact that sends players to the floor in soccer and other sports. It’s weird and it absolutely does not look natural to me.

He's been rubbish all tournament, his first touch has been garbage and turns the ball over every time he tries to hold it up.
Absolutely. You can mitigate it against lesser teams as we’ve proved (just) but us not having a forward to cause their defence problems is just making the game so much easier for them. Close the flanks down and we’re just not troubling them at all.

I’m happy to be disagreed with on this, it’s not something that’s ever going to be reffed the way I want.

I get that football is not other contact sports but equally there is a huge delta between the contact that sends players to the floor in soccer and other sports. It’s weird and it absolutely does not look natural to me.
It was the epitome of a cyclical foul, Williams knows he’s been rinsed so makes the slightest of contact to send Walker off balance. If Walker stays on his feet the foul goes unpunished and Spain gain an illegal advantage. I hate players going down easy but Walker had no choice and again, it was a foul all day long.

Not a fan of Walker and Laporte cuddling in the tunnel.

If a defender is behind and chasing a forward, any contact from the defender will result in a free kick.

The amount of force required to send a footballer to the ground is decided by what is needed for a ref to give a free kick rather than what is needed to upset a players equilibrium

It was the epitome of a cyclical foul, Williams knows he’s been rinsed so makes the slightest of contact to send Walker off balance. If Walker stays on his feet the foul goes unpunished and Spain gain an illegal advantage. I hate players going down easy but Walker had no choice and again, it was a foul all day long.
I mean, it’s not the first (or last, I’m sure) time I’ve seen an “obvious” foul given for what I can only see as a “love tap”.

I dunno, it fucking boils my grits something fierce.

Because if he tries to stay on his feet he loses the ball, or spends five strides trying to regain his balance at which point he’s probably lost the ball too and most likely doesn’t get a foul. So he’s been punished, rather than the other way round. Other contact sports you are likely referring to you aren’t trying to control a ball with your feet, and territory is all you are after so falling over is of not benefit.

Anyone know what the green tops in the ground are on halfway line? They’ve got a pretty large allocation.

Back