• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Likewise if you win your group by 8 points, how on earth can you have been rubbish?

Especially given the amount of times we've watched us struggle to qualify down the years, be it last minute Beckham free kicks, getting a point in Italy or not qualifying at all in 2008 and 1994.

There's no need to overcomplicate it; the bottom line is, when you can see that the team is playing poorly (as we have been in this competition), you know that the chickens will come home to roost eventually. That's why fans are disappointed and anxious.

I don't think it's too much to ask that a squad with the talent England has at their disposal plays vaguely entertaining football on occasion. We've been pedestrian and imbalanced, and it surprises me that the players are so thin-skinned about hearing that; you'd have thought those playing for elite club teams would have high standards and be used to that expectation.

There's no need to overcomplicate it; the bottom line is, when you can see that the team is playing poorly (as we have been in this competition), you know that the chickens will come home to roost eventually. That's why fans are disappointed and anxious.

I don't think it's too much to ask that a squad with the talent England has at their disposal plays vaguely entertaining football on occasion. We've been pedestrian and imbalanced, and it surprises me that the players are so thin-skinned about hearing that; you'd have thought those playing for elite club teams would have high standards and be used to that expectation.
Yeah I would agree with that myself too.

Not sure how Rabiot got a yellow for having his foot stamped on by the Belgian player.

As with England maybe my expectations are too high with these 2 but seems poor stuff to me.

As with England maybe my expectations are too high with these 2 but seems poor stuff to me.
France playing in England colours (from the main camera) and basically just as poor and hamstrung by their coach.

Belgium just aren't very good full stop.

Belgium are waaaaay past their best, their big chance was quite some time ago now. 2016 probably when they contrived to lose to Wales.

France are somehow wedded to Deschamps who is shite.

315 minutes (plus all the injury time) now for France and they still have just an own goal and a penalty on the scoresheet. They drew 0-0 with Canada in their final friendly as well.

I was quite looking forward to watching this, please note the use of the past tense.

Was Qatar a better tournament with more energy because it was mid season, where as summer tournaments the players just don't have the energy and spark after a long hard season?

Was Qatar a better tournament with more energy because it was mid season, where as summer tournaments the players just don't have the energy and spark after a long hard season?
There's probably something in that. Weren't the stadiums air conditioned as well?

I think this is a good theory.

I imagine (or, guess) that club doctors are more worried about maximizing the effort from a player while at the club and wouldn’t slow their physical load to help keep them from being worn out for international ball.

With how “to a science” that stuff is at the highest levels they may really be able to squeeze a player out (fnarr) over a season.

I must have missed beating Germany I a knockout gane
Oh ar, missed the r16. So he's won one out four genuine tests then. Wicked.

You argue Fosun are good owners and defended Lage so I'm not sure why I'd expect anything less than you sucking the dick of mediocrity

315 minutes (plus all the injury time) now for France and they still have just an own goal and a penalty on the scoresheet. They drew 0-0 with Canada in their final friendly as well.
That’s “Jesse Marsch’s Canada”, please. Put some respect on Ted’s name 😉

Likewise if you win your group by 8 points, how on earth can you have been rubbish?

Especially given the amount of times we've watched us struggle to qualify down the years, be it last minute Beckham free kicks, getting a point in Italy or not qualifying at all in 2008 and 1994.

If you're wank for 8 games, labouring to narrow victories against absolute guff, surely that's struggling relative to the talent available?

We've been wank for four games, we've struggled. We're in the QFs. They're not mutually exclusive, and the failings of other squads in other decades aren't relevant

The tournament has been fine, Austria, Switzerland, Türkiye, Georgia, enjoyed watching all of them and Spain have been a cut apart. Not sold 100% on Germany but also pretty good and the same applies to Portugal so far. Plenty of enjoyable games.

England, Italy, Belgium and France have been wank but it was in the post with at least two of them.

LOADS of dud games in Qatar, it was all or nothing. Either must watch stuff or dreadful.

Back