• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Danny Batth getting votes is completely baffling.

Agreed - he's no where near the worst CB I've seen at Wolves, probably not even in a top 10 of worst centre backs at Wolves.

Here we go now I'm sober.

Too pissed to vote. I the interim...

Roger Johnson
Kaspars Gorkss
Gabor Gyepes
Michael Mancienne
Sebastian Bassong
Eric Young

Don't get all the hate for Mancienne. He wasn't good, but he was picked for the England squad while winning the championship for wolves.

Compare that to the 'achievements' of Blades, Madden and even Shirtliffe.

I just couldn't stand him, thought he was utterly rank. To be honest it was hard to pick just six.

I just couldn't stand him, thought he was utterly rank. To be honest it was hard to pick just six.

That's not aimed at you btw, just find it odd that he gets so much hate.

He wasn't great by a very very long way, but infinitely better than some of the other crap we've had. He also played for us when we got promoted and when we managed to not get relegated from the Prem.

Shirtliff was class for his first year here. Then got injured.

Mancienne very nearly played a huge personal role in relegating us with his performances vs Blues and Blackburn at the end of 2010/11.

Mancienne was, is and always will be absolute fucking shite.

Well worthy of a place. Sadly Johnson and Gorkks will keep him out of the first XI

Eric Young
Seb Bassong
Neill Collins
Joachim Björklund
Steeve Epesse-Titi (not sure if this one counts but he really was appalling)
Kaspars Gorkšs

Shirtliff was class for his first year here. Then got injured.

Mancienne very nearly played a huge personal role in relegating us with his performances vs Blues and Blackburn at the end of 2010/11.
Before he wrecked his knee he was awesome, amazed people forget that.

Lonergan
Oleg Luzny
Gunnar Halle
Nigel Quashie (remember the game with him and Henry in CM, if only there was a drug to help me forget)
Mike Small
Havard Flo

Those would all be terrible centre backs tbf.

Really? He is now 27 and should have been improving over the last three years. He has got slower, a bigger turning circle and weaker against forwards . Given our faith and investment its a disappointment and therefore gets a 6th place for me. Worthy of a mention but no where near the worst

Really? He is now 27 and should have been improving over the last three years. He has got slower, a bigger turning circle and weaker against forwards . Given our faith and investment its a disappointment and therefore gets a 6th place for me. Worthy of a mention but no where near the worst

Without wanting to totally derail the thread into a discussion over Batth, he is our highest rated player according to this: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/161/Show/England-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

Which to me suggests he's not in the same league as some of the others (I also think he looks so bad due to the pressure w heap on our defence by never controlling the ball and having a midfield of paper)

Without wanting to totally derail the thread into a discussion over Batth, he is our highest rated player according to this: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/161/Show/England-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

Which to me suggests he's not in the same league as some of the others (I also think he looks so bad due to the pressure w heap on our defence by never controlling the ball and having a midfield of paper)

That is fair. I just get frustrated seeing such a clogger do the same things. If he is our highest rated player that itself speaks volumes for the wholesale change that was needed.Batth CBJ and Doherty are our top 3. Fuck! Case proved!

That is fair. I just get frustrated seeing such a clogger do the same things. If he is our highest rated player that itself speaks volumes for the wholesale change that was needed.Batth CBJ and Doherty are our top 3. Fuck! Case proved!

Now that's something we can all agree on!

Before he wrecked his knee he was awesome, amazed people forget that.

Yep, when we had him on loan I was sure there was no way we could get someone of his quality. It went south so quickly

I don't get the votes for mountfield, there have been far worse!

I'd forgotten about hindmarch tbh 😜

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Back