• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

At tea the lead is 209 and building. Two crucial dropped catches in the same over could cost England the match. And, based on progress to date, they'd deserve to lose. Nowhere near good enough.

They had a bad ten overs with the bat. The collapse was from a position of strength in the game. But the first innings deficit is likely to be key.

Although they will probably chase down 400 now I have said that.

I think winning the toss has played a big part in this game but I’d never write this England team off

Last edited:
65 run partnership for the 9th wicket hurts... half expect a rabbits in the headlights second innings from England.

297 to get.

The two drops of Salman were painful in the end but this isn't out of the question. There's turn out there but it's not unplayable.

So, 297 needed. Historically we'd get bowled out for around 100 in these conditions, playing timidly and clueless as to which way the ball is spinning. I hope we attack it aggressively, but not kamikaze.

Depends on the pitch I suspect. I don't think it is going to mysteriously stop spinning, but it isn't horrendous violent turn. First session tomorrow will be the overall key to the match.

Back