• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

This seems like a decent partnership, and the pitch is still utterly demon-free
Might be soon as it looks cracked and dusty.

Odd situation where it's the seamers who are applying scoreboard pressure and the spinners who are giving runs away.

Just about England's day with the late wicket I feel, a very old school look to the scoreboard.

Is anyone else watching the women's T20? It's the first women's cricket I've seen. Apparently, England are supposed to be one of the best sides in the world. Just given two dollies in successive balls. (And one of those was dropped.) Oh, there's another one (taken). I'm not a convert.

2nd day pitch report from Multan. Hard as a rock but a few cracks beginning to show up. Could make things interesting as the match progresses.

Hopefully England can roll over Pakistan relatively quickly today and get on with some batting.

Ashes series dates announced BTW

Perth 21-25 November 2025
Brisbane 4-8 December 2025
Adelaide 17-21 December 2025
MCG 26-30 December 2025
SCG 4-8 January 2026

I am definitely looking at accommodation in Brisbane for that one.

Pakistan all out for 366. I don't think that is competitive unless the surface falls apart. Especially as the only seamer they have picked was a bit lame while batting.

I felt 350 was a par score on that wicket batting first. Spin will play a big part as the game progresses.

A skittish affair from Crawley. Duckett looks fine though. Pope could definitely do with an innings and the pitch isn't doing a great deal to prevent that as long as the six inches between his ears doesn't get frazzled.

I can't watch Noman Ali without saying "Hello, Noman" à la Seinfeld.

giphy.gif

Back