• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Smith smashing the ball out of the ground, easy to see why we've gone down this road

Bashir run out with an absolutely insane throw from the deep, unreal stuff

Smith holes out for 70 and what could be Jimmy's last bat ends with 0 off 0 balls

250 lead

Not sure we'll have to bat very much again if at all

And wicket 702 comes along, Brathwaite clean bowled

Stokes has long since surpassed Flintoff as a batsman (6,320 runs, 13 hundreds and counting vs 3,845 runs, 5 hundreds), next to overhaul him as a bowler (200 wickets @ 31.74, 4 five wicket hauls and counting vs 226 wickets @ 32.78, 3 five wicket hauls)

37/4 and there may not be too much left to play tomorrow with the way it's going.

I've been fortunate to see all three play too.
I was lucky enough to see all of Donald, Lara and Pollock for Warks.

As well as Dermot Reeve's medium pace dobbers which you really cannot put a price on.

I was lucky enough to see all of Donald, Lara and Pollock for Warks.

As well as Dermot Reeve's medium pace dobbers which you really cannot put a price on.
Garfield Sobers (with his brother Gerry) played for Sneyd in the Norths Staffs South Cheshire league.

Men against boys stuff, we’ve been very good but for god sake give touring sides time to prepare in conditions etc for the sake of test cricket.

Wicket at the death, 79/6 and still 171 to make us bat again

You aren't ever getting tour games like you used to, those days are gone

Wicket at the death, 79/6 and still 171 to make us bat again

You aren't ever getting tour games like you used to, those days are gone

No but I’d be amazed if the windies lay a glove on us this series, I’m being idealistic and Test cricket doesn’t carry the financial power T20 does so it’s basically the ashes piggy backing the whole of test cricket.

You could give them five tour games and they aren't getting near us if they're batting Jason Holder at 6.

The best you could realistically do is revert to what we had at points in the 1990s/2000s and have a white ball series beforehand and you might get some overlap of players.

Back