• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

The Blast finishes on Friday, Warwickshire have already qualified for a home quarter final so I thought I'd look when they are and if it fits into my work schedule. Normally they are a week or so later. This year 6 weeks and in September, because of you know what. Just fuck off

Looking forward to TMS tomorrow and fully immersing myself back into red ball cricket, kind of passed me by last week due to other sporting events.

The Blast finishes on Friday, Warwickshire have already qualified for a home quarter final so I thought I'd look when they are and if it fits into my work schedule. Normally they are a week or so later. This year 6 weeks and in September, because of you know what. Just fuck off
Absolute arsehat of a schedule from those who seem intent on ruining the game. Any form or momentum can be thrown out of the window plus I’d imagine that several overseas players will be elsewhere.

Another example of Crawley not being an opener.

44 for 1 after 4. :ROFLMAO:

Highest ever score for a first innings of a test after 4 overs!

I barely recognise the team that gave Convict CC such a tough series in the summer down here

He’s been one of our most consistent players for a decent length of time now but yeah sure.
He gets too square on. Second ball was a decent delivery and he turned into it. Then the same thing next ball that got him out. He's a solid number 5. And, even though he has undoubtedly been better over the last 12 months he's still averaging just over 30. Nowhere near good enough to open.

Bit of a chicken out of a decision, just because you got rolled at Lord's doesn't mean you should default to sticking us in
First over was very good but Duckett and Pope have slayed them since.

He gets too square on. Second ball was a decent delivery and he turned into it. Then the same thing next ball that got him out. He's a solid number 5. And, even though he has undoubtedly been better over the last 12 months he's still averaging just over 30. Nowhere near good enough to open.

He averages over 41 since the start of the Pakistan series in December 2022.

He averages over 41 since the start of the Pakistan series in December 2022.
Sure, he has made 4 hundreds in that time and definitely improved. Maybe I'm doing him a bit of a disservice but I still believe he would be better lower down the order. He is not side on enough to open IMO and that was the reason he got out today.

So it looks like we're doing our best to give wickets away again. Awful from Root and Pope has just been dropped. Then we see Brooks wafting at a ball and just avoid being caught at gully. 160-3 but could so easily be for 5.

Nice hundred for Pope...dropped on 46 and 54...let's hope he keeps going.

Some really poor shots today. 5 wickets to 'spin'. Luckily it's not turning or it could have been worse 😂. Only 4 actually. Butcher added one on.

Flat track bullying poor teams in a 1 day style does nothing to prepare us for proper tests. I'm bored of Bazball, I just want it over and done with

Back