• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Yikes... 7 for 36 for Atkinson.... can he get 8 and be the first to do so?

That's an incredible "shot" by the other Joseph :D

Atkinson has 7

121 all out, Jimmy gets the last one

88/3 -> 121 all out is very England 1990s.

Two sessions that already have me checking out the refund functionality on the Lords app. Day four tickets always looked like needing a good drop of rain in the preceding days - and of course it’s the only time all summer that a bad forecast has suddenly cleared up FFS!

Two sessions that already have me checking out the refund functionality on the Lords app. Day four tickets always looked like needing a good drop of rain in the preceding days - and of course it’s the only time all summer that a bad forecast has suddenly cleared up FFS!
I'm concerned about my day 4 tickets next week, will be doing a rain dance on the first 3 days

I'm concerned about my day 4 tickets next week, will be doing a rain dance on the first 3 days
Good luck 🤞I’m mainly disappointed as it was going to be my sons first England match and the Lords visit would have been great all round. Very hard to see this test going past day three now.

Seems churlish to criticise someone who keeps getting good scores but he does need to make them a big 'un a bit more often. Of course if you'd said to any of us 18 months ago that Zak Crawley would now be on a career ratio of scoring a 50 every three Test matches (which he is)...

Averaging 49 now since the start of last summer and 40+ against everyone he's played in that period (Aus, Ind, Ire and WI)

Weird thing about Crawley is he’s always been very feast or famine with one massive score in amongst a load of crap. Seems to have swung the other way now with consistent 50+ scores and no big ones

68 lead at stumps. I suspect if we make that 268 or more tomorrow then we won't have to bat again.

Crawley is infuriating to watch most of the time but he can be quite brilliant others. I still don't see him as an opener against a top class attack though. WIndies are very average, at best.

But he averaged over 40 vs Australia and India in the last year?

But he averaged over 40 vs Australia and India in the last year?
Yeah.... exactly what I mean... we know he has the talent but he does like a whaff at the ball and it gets him out. A lack of concentration from time to time. I'd prefer him lower down the order but it seems opener is the only place he fits.

Root very close to going past Mahela Jayawardene in the all-time table now. Should go past Chanderpaul, Lara, Sangakkara and Cook too in the next year, barring injury or catastrophic loss of form.

Root1.png

Back