• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

28-6 Afghanistan after 6.3 overs .... guess this game is as good as done and I can go to bed. Not sure why I waited up,

Nearly two and a half hours until the scheduled start, but...

GRFALfsWIAMvspz

No reserve day and we go out if it's a no result as India won their group and we didn't.

It rains in Guyana on average 23 out of the 30 days in June. Nice attempt to cover the outfield though

Sometimes cricket and the ICC really don’t do themselves any favours.
Let’s play a semi final with no back up day and let’s play it somewhere it’s likely to rain

Bit of a tangential question. I’ve had the Cricinfo app for a while to follow scores, but never read any articles. Is the ownership tied up with the IPL somehow? One quick glance now and they seem pretty happy with the scheduling arrangements.

Bit of a tangential question. I’ve had the Cricinfo app for a while to follow scores, but never read any articles. Is the ownership tied up with the IPL somehow? One quick glance now and they seem pretty happy with the scheduling arrangements.
Bought by ESPN and headquartered in India. George Dobell left because he wouldn't follow the editorial guidelines

Yeah, you get the very occasional pushback on there (like on the TV coverage, you might get someone like Mark Butcher on comms not being a complete BCCI fanboi) but not very much. They absolutely plaster the IPL everywhere on the site when it's on to the point it's hard to find articles on anything else, and they're desperate for India to win a tournament (which they haven't done in a ridiculously long time, despite all the advantages handed to them).

I use it for all my statistical stuff as it's still the best resource for that by miles but rarely do I bother with any of their opinion stuff these days.

I actually disagree with Dobell quite a lot in general but I always enjoyed reading his stuff regardless and it's such a shame he's now on a very niche, pure paywall site.

The ICC are just the frontage of world cricket as we all know the BCCI and IPL pretty much controls everything.

Just sat down to watch this unaware of the weather situation. What's the projected situation for a start - if any?

Put it this way I don’t think the umpires will be under to much pressure to get the game on.
I’m at a point where if we got out due to coming second in our group it makes the ICC look so stupid and disorganised. They won’t care as their majority audience will be happy.

Lovely stuff, he's had a rancid tournament

Anything over 160 is going to be tough on this pitch

Back