• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Hope Sam Curran never plays for England again. Awful.

This is the way Mickey Mouse cricket goes... some days it clicks and other days it doesn't. India playing really well.

This is the way Mickey Mouse cricket goes... some days it clicks and other days it doesn't. India playing really well.
On a pitch laid out for them to suit their bowling attack...

Well no hiding the fact that the rain has seriously let us down here.

Should have been moaning about how unfair the set up of the semi final was and favoured India but no instead we have to moan about us being shit

Can we quote population stats also and how can we compete with a country 50x bigger than ours

Only 3 quick bowlers in their squad. Says a lot about the pitches they’d been promised to have at the venues they were guaranteed to play at.

"No bat involved" but a (small) spike as the ball passed the inside edge??

Admittedly I'm at work just catching bits but WTF

Absolutely fuck the BCCI, but this is a clinic from the bowling attack. Way too good.

We’ve been shit and deservedly lost. Nevertheless things heavily stacked in India favour. We have to just take it and accept things as they’re as we’ll look like bad losers.
The worst kept secret in world cricket is that the BCCI rules world cricket.

Absolute shambles of an innings

Regardless, India deserved to win. Better side all around.

Conceded probably 20 runs to many which left a huge target it to chase.
India just have far better spin bowlers than us.

Time up for Mo, Jordan and Bairstow (all have been good at various points but just all past it now)

Don't ever pick Curran again as he is awful

By far the best 2 teams in the final, zero complaints really. There's still something just wrong with T20 as a format though, still feels too random too often.

There's nothing wrong with the format but a piece of brilliance or trash has a bigger affect on the game. T10 exaggerates it further. You've said yourself the best 2 teams are in the final.

As for England we played 4 'proper' teams and lost to 3 of them, the semis flattered us.

I'd keep Jos as captain basically because there's no-one else but I wouldn't have him keeping now, it's too much to ask him to do that, and open, and captain. Thing is he even recognises this because he gives the gloves to Salt in The Hundred (they're both in the same team).

I wouldn't want to give it to Brook right now because he has enough to deal with as what is a rare all-format player and lest we forget he hadn't played ANY international cricket as recently as two and a half years ago.

It does need a clear out of most of the old guard simply because they've outlived their use to us now - there is no value in picking Mo, Jordan or Bairstow any more, you can't just hope they play like they did in 2017 or whatever. They have to be ruthless with Curran too, that is far too long where he's been absolutely appalling and he doesn't look like he's capable of improving his game. We've dropped other players (Malan being an obvious one) far more readily.

The problem is you can never *really* build a T20I team - the fixtures are too sparse and also tend to be tacked onto the end of summers, so you don't send out your best XI regularly anyway.

Back