• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

But yeah, Mott can go. What the fuck is this.

"Sometimes it's not all about results. Obviously we're in a results-driven business, and you guys [the written press] will have your fun at our expense, I'm sure. But when you wake up in the morning and have a crack and do your best, you can sleep at night knowing that sometimes, results are out of your control."

It IS all about results in a tournament, Matthew.

Telegraph saying that Jamie Smith will get the gloves for the Test team.

I feel a little for Foakes as he hasn't always been managed well but as I was saying during the India series, I just can't see him ever scoring enough runs and he is terrible at batting with the tail (which if he's coming in at 7, he has to do quite often).

That's surely the end for Bairstow now. No way he gets in the middle order ahead of Root or Brook, Stokes is obviously nailed on at #6, and if Pope is vulnerable (barely scored a run since that 196 in India, though the vice-captaincy seems to insulate him a bit) then he isn't a Test #3 these days either.

Yeah in terms of batting it’s that number 3 spot that should be most at risk. Not sure we have too many knocking on the door but Pope definitely needs to be more consistent.

Bowling is very much up in the air you’d think.

Take away Jimmy's farewell and I can see us going with Cook (if he gets over this injury soon), Pennington and Woakes. With Stokes now seemingly able to bowl properly again and I guess we'll go with Leach as the spinner although he has been pretty rubbish for Somerset. Mind you none of Hartley, Bashir or Rehan have done anything either.

If we were going purely on form we'd pick Dawson who is averaging over 50 with the bat and around 26 with the ball.

Dawson should have gone to India purely based on form from last year. If he wasn't picked for that trip and I know it's blurry as to whether he wanted to be then he won't be for any now.

Anyway COME ON SOUTH AFRICA!

Sitting back ready to enjoy this for what it is. It's kind of weird but I'm glad England isn't playing in it as I'd be a bit on edge. Time to enjoy the cricket for what it is. Hoping for a fantastic game...

Fantastic start from Kohli... class is permanent.

Sharma and Pant gone.... terrible for India....

Gonna be tough for Sth Africa chasing 177 to win. Need the highest score in a T20 WC final to win now. Superb from Kohli...mainstay of the innings.

Yeah they were coasting and that’s evened it right up again.

This pair need to get them over the line, not a huge amount to come

Out of curiosity, anyone watched the Steve Waugh's Capturing Cricket documentary..... if not, I think you'd enjoy it.

Klaasen trying to get the job done early!

Back