• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

The shorter the form the more it comes down to the day and a touch of luck / brilliance. They were favourites for the last semi, we beat them by 10 wickets. I've no idea how they could have scheduled a reserve day for one semi, but not the other, that has to be unprecedented?

I mean, we won’t beat India anyway but another brilliant bit of organising here
How can you have a world tournament that’s rigged so that one country will play at a set destination as long as they qualify whereas the other qualifiers all have to move to suit them? On top of that there’s different conditions for semi finals whereas one has a reserve day, the other doesn’t? I mean it could have worked against the Indians but it’s an absolute shower of shit by the organisers.

Cricket sings the BCCI's tune these days. The IPL would be 9 months long if it were their choice. Probably will be soon enough.

Afghanistan win by 8 runs to knock the Aussies out of the T20 World Cup
No offence to the plucky underdogs, but it does kind of demonstrate what a tinpot format cricket for the masses has become. (You love to see it, though.)

No offence to the plucky underdogs, but it does kind of demonstrate what a tinpot format cricket for the masses has become. (You love to see it, though.)
They should have beaten them in the 50 over World Cup too. IIRC that was the match where Maxwell performed the almost impossible to see the Aussies to victory.

This news has not gone down well here.

However channel 9 was funny.

Australia out but look over here at this over where Surrey scored 38! English pitches must be shit. I kid you not

This news has not gone down well here.

However channel 9 was funny.

Australia out but look over here at this over where Surrey scored 38! English pitches must be shit. I kid you not
38 in an over!

Not really they have the number 1 bowler in the world in the format

Afghanistan have to be congratulated for the way they've worked their way up the 'league' of cricket nations on a fairly short space of time, es0ecially given their recent history.
Do they play mostly in exile or are they backed by the Taliban government?

Afghanistan have to be congratulated for the way they've worked their way up the 'league' of cricket nations on a fairly short space of time, es0ecially given their recent history.
Do they play mostly in exile or are they backed by the Taliban government?
Play all games away from home and are based in the UAE. Jonathan Trott is their coach.

Trotty has their press on strings. The brassneck of them to complain about cheating

Back