• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Meanwhile another duck for Kohli. Averaging 11 for the tournament, you hate to see it

Afghanistan will make the final given the inevitable SA semi choke

Rohit 76*
Kohli 0
Pant 15
Extras 2

Vaughan vs Flintoff in an England Under 19's vs Young Lions 50 over game. Vaughan got 85 for the Young Lions, Flintoff is currently 44 not out for the Under 19s.

92 from 41 for Sharma... great knock. Hopefully that sets up India for 220+ ... really dangerous side who could easily win this World Cup.

Vaughan vs Flintoff in an England Under 19's vs Young Lions 50 over game. Vaughan got 85 for the Young Lions, Flintoff is currently 44 not out for the Under 19s.
I saw that earlier a Benkenstein is captaining and a Mustard keeping wicket so I assume they are also son's of.

I saw that earlier a Benkenstein is captaining and a Mustard keeping wicket so I assume they are also son's of.
Yes, I've just looked it up. The younger brothers of James Rew and Rehan Ahmed also playing.

Aussies did well to pull them back a bit but needing 206 to win is a tough ask.

Good win for India as the Aussies ran out of steam. End of the road for them unless Bangladesh beat the Afghans. Shame the Aussies got past 176....

Rocky got a hundred in the end, seen some clips of him and you can see his dad in his shots for sure!

Good win for India as the Aussies ran out of steam. End of the road for them unless Bangladesh beat the Afghans. Shame the Aussies got past 176....
How is the 176 calculated. I get it’s on NRR, but surely if Afghanistan got absolutely spanked then that would be enough to overturn the NRR even if Australia hadn’t got to 176

How is the 176 calculated. I get it’s on NRR, but surely if Afghanistan got absolutely spanked then that would be enough to overturn the NRR even if Australia hadn’t got to 176
To be honest, I don't really know as I just took the commentators word for it. They were alluding to the fact that the Aussies run rate would drop below Afghanistan if they didn't get to 176 in their 20 overs. But yeah, I get what you're saying and I'd say you are probably right. That said, the Afghans have a very strong batting line up and they could win the whole thing if they fire on the day. Same as any team that's left I suppose.

Back