• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

I do worry that Curran and Jordan will leak horribly against one of Aus or India (I don't think Afghanistan will make it, sadly).

Rashid, Archer, Buttler, Salt and Brook all look in fine nick though.

Windies V SA becomes a knock out match, unfortunately it's on in the middle of the night

Philly cheese steak eating surrender monkeys
Call us monkeys (carefully!) all you like, but I draw the line at blaming the Philly Cheese Steak on all of us!

Another big (and quick) score from the not knobhead Ollie Robinson today - 146* from 164

Elsewhere 86 (138) for Jamie Smith batting at 4 and 52 (118) for Foakes.

Smith is a super talent but I have no idea how good his keeping is

Adam Collins who I like for an Aussie thinks he'd be our 2nd best batsman behind Root straight away. From what I read he plays properly though, so doesn't need anyone to try and change his game with our give your wicket away cavalier school of Test cricket.

Think we’ll see Smith in T20s/ODIs soon for England and maybe Tests later on. From what I’ve seen he’s got good technique and hits the ball a long way. I haven’t seen much of either of them from a keeping point of view though.

Keith Barker has taken all six wickets that have fallen today for Hampshire against Warwickshire. Has to be one of them most stupid decisions the club has ever taken to let his contract almost run out before offering him a new one.

Back