• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Quinton de Kock: 65 off 38
Extras: 10
Everyone else: 88 off 82

Late to this but, yeah, why is there almost nobody in the ground??
Multitude of reasons and it maybe that those in the Caribbean never learn. In 2007, I was there for the 50 over World Cup. Hotel prices were utterly ridiculous and ticket prices outrageous. Most fans in the Caribbean can't afford the ticket prices and the cost of traveling there for others is simply too much. Add into the fact it's basically a four hour game rather than longer and the appetite for the early group games really isn't there particularly when most locals may be at work. The other factor is the organization and transportation. No idea if it has changed since 2007 but it was pisspodical to say the least. Highlight for me was meeting Tim Rice in the small bus on our way back to our hotel.

If you look at the crowds it’s mainly tourists very few local fans in the ground, if it’s that empty why not bring some local school children to matches?

If you look at the crowds it’s mainly tourists very few local fans in the ground, if it’s that empty why not bring some local school children to matches?
On a Friday though, at 10.30 in the morning...

We're not going well here incidentally with Buttler gone. Long tail with Archer or Wood at 8.

Think we’ve only timed one shot on the whole innings and that was the Salt hook in the first over. Maybe the reverse sweep too

Buttler and Bairstow both guilty of using balls up to play themselves in and getting out

England back in it.... good three overs this.... 25 needed from 18.

In the grand scheme of things - going to be a very narrow loss and so any win vs USA almost certainly takes us through on NRR.

But we should have chased this down, we lost the plot a bit.

45 off 50 between Buttler, Bairstow and Mo has killed us there

Plus whoever plays out of Curran or Jordan being a complete drain with the ball, both awful these days

I'd like this to be it for all 4 of them. Curran depends on form

Back