• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Ramprakash had similar issues I think, he definitely underperformed but the environment for them both was really tough and unforgiving. I feel like if you swapped either with someone like Ian Bell in terms of the era they were around they’d have had way more successful careers

Without a doubt.

Gough (workload) and Tufnell (lack of faith from the selectors) are two others who I think would have thrived if they'd debuted 10 years later.

A Should Have Beens (but weren't) XI:

Michael Carberry
Steve James
Graeme Hick
Mark Ramprakash
James Hildreth
Ravi Bopara
Chris Read
Glen Chapple
Adil Rashid*
Steven Finn**
Devon Malcolm

*In Tests, obviously an incredible white ball bowler

**Perhaps a little harsh but he looked like someone who would take 300+ Test wickets easily when he started out. Didn't even manage half that in the end and played his final Test when he was 27

Could probably have Mark Wood in there.

Chris Lewis of course! All the ability you could ever ask for, but it just never came together.

Played a bit in summer 2002 and then did his knee in Brisbane in Nov 2002
Back for the home summer of 2004 and also toured SA in 2004/05
Played the 2005 Ashes and that was that

The irony of Ponting bawling at Duncan Fletcher when Gary Pratt ran him out at Trent Bridge was that while we definitely did take the piss with sub fielders in that series, Pratt was on for Jones who never played international cricket ever again.

SA 3/2 chasing 104 vs Netherlands

England win the toss and bowl first

No changes

I would think cricket (well the 20/20 format) could be very popular in USA if it was marketed properly. Last nights game had everything. Plenty of time to insert ads too.
Hard to say, baseball is already slipping further from the peak it used to firmly reside on. Similar vibes to cricket from what I know (accepting I know zero rules of cricket other than "hit ball with bat, try to catch ball").

Hard to say, baseball is already slipping further from the peak it used to firmly reside on. Similar vibes to cricket from what I know (accepting I know zero rules of cricket other than "hit ball with bat, try to catch ball").

Oddly today you have a cricket World Cup match in New York and a MLB game in London

Well this one looks over already.

Shows what Hayden knows... said it would be a 140 wicket and not 180... at this rate it will be over 200...

Back