• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Fantastic win for the USA. :) No doubt Trump will claim the win.

It has to go down as one of the biggest shock results

The single worst over of professional cricket I've ever seen from Pakistan. Total clown-car stuff 🤡

Raining again in the rainy season in Barbados

I have no idea of his history, family or cricket wise, but suggested to my son that nepotism must be playing a part.

To be picked as a wicket keeper, not be fit enough to carry out this role over 20 overs, lose the gloves but be retained in the side with an average as low as his…

Frankly, I had no idea there was any such competition happening, nor that the US was taking part.

I think that’s indicative of cricket’s social capital in the US. It’s a shame, though.

Frankly, I had no idea there was any such competition happening, nor that the US was taking part.

I think that’s indicative of cricket’s social capital in the US. It’s a shame, though.

No it’ll be followed mostly by the sub continent population in the States India v Pakistan in New York on Sunday will be sold out and probably could’ve done multiple times over.
Cricket is very much you either love it or hate it sport. That comes in 3 formats.

No it’ll be followed mostly by the sub continent population in the States India v Pakistan in New York on Sunday will be sold out and probably could’ve done multiple times over.
Cricket is very much you either love it or hate it sport. That comes in 3 formats.
The US in theory should love the T20, high scoring short format, decent excitement, big hitting.

But for some reason they don't. 🤷

The US in theory should love the T20, high scoring short format, decent excitement, big hitting.

But for some reason they don't. 🤷

This was my thinking, it could be the word “cricket” is immediately associated with a slow game and its purist form.
Best video I’ve seen is Maradona watching an ashes game on tv, didn’t understand the rules but enjoyed the passion and how fast the bowling was.

I would think cricket (well the 20/20 format) could be very popular in USA if it was marketed properly. Last nights game had everything. Plenty of time to insert ads too.

Back