• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Don’t know how any Wolves fan can sit there and say they don’t want to win the title. Crazy attitude after the season we’ve had.

Who's said they don't want to win the title?

Naturally we all 'want' to win the title, but getting an auto place will be enough to get us into the Premier without the lottery of the playoffs

No one will care one jot how we got there once next season starts

What will be, will be - being over dramatic on a football forum won’t change that.

Losing away to the form team in the division won’t define whether we win the league, the games against six of the bottom seven will - I think we’ll still win the league with points to spare, with cardiff having to play villa, derby, norwich, sheff Utd and Brentford Away, and us at home, it’s not like they have an easy run in.

What will be, will be - being over dramatic on a football forum won’t change that.

Losing away to the form team in the division won’t define whether we win the league, the games against six of the bottom seven will - I think we’ll still win the league with points to spare, with cardiff having to play villa, derby, norwich, sheff Utd and Brentford Away, and us at home, it’s not like they have an easy run in.

And in comparison we have to play 6 of the bottom 7.

Momentum. In sport it's a funny thing. There are 2 or 3 teams currently building up some momentum and we have to try and wrestle it back. Because despite the overwhelming view by everyone that "we'll be fine", once things start to shift it can be very difficult psychologically to regain it. We can and I believe we will, but despite our healthy lead and the belief that we are too good to let it slip funny things can and often do happen in sport. Just ask Newcastle about the 15 point lead they let slip when they lost the PL title to Man Utd.

https://www.livescience.com/5120-reality-momentum-sports.html

That's a United team containing Schmeichel, Neville, Pallister, Irwin, Beckham, Keane, Butt, Scholes, Giggs, Cantona and Cole though. Not sure Cardiff or Villa boast that much quality, even in relative terms.

This is true. However, Newcastle should still have won the title from the position they were in but the psychological momentum completely shifted. As evidenced by Keegan's "I'd love it" meltdown...

That's probably the clip they'll play when Keegan dies,with a quick mention of his actual career

It's been said before but we weren't the best team in 2002 - we are now and by some distance. This isn't Wolves 2002 and it isn't Keegan's Newcastle either. We've got 7 of the bottom 8 to play - winning just 4 of those puts us pretty much over the line.

All the last couple of results have really done is make it more difficult for Villa and Derby to overhaul Cardiff to join us. That is it.

I just know I'll feel better with 8 points from the next 4. Anything above that would be a bonus. This is a crazy league, we all know how quickly things can shift. I think thats where my own personal nervousness comes from.

I suggest you re-read the last four pages of Glasgo hyperbole and then come back to me.

There has been no hyperbole from me.
Hyoerbole would be saying we have blown it we are blowing it, i have never once said that.

I have said ywsterdays performace was a fucking disgrace.

I can get losing all teams do.
I cannot accept a performance like last nights when.only 3 Fucking players actually turned up.
If you are happy with last nights performance good for you, I most certainly am not.
I was not happy with the second half on Tuesday and I was not happy with yesterday, to dismiss unhappiness of the performaces over the last game and a half as hyperbole is frankly stupid.

Fine lines - once Preston had a player sent off we could have scored a winner (forget the most obvious chance). Had MGW looked to his left for a split second he could have squared it to Jota or placed it to the keepers right to put us 3-1 up and effectively end the game. Can even pull tit bits out of yesterday - had Alf decided to bring the ball down on his chest and not loop the ball off his head to them - this when the game was looking like a stalemate.

There is 2, 3, 4 or 5 more points possibly gained and all this pessimism wouldn’t be effecting as many, if any, people. We haven’t been a million miles away from getting more favourable results in the last 3 games.

If we put a performance on next week versus Reading with the result to go with it.............

Yesterday was poor but not a "fucking disgrace"

v Blackburn under Lambert was a fucking disgrace
v Barnsley under Walter was a fucking disgrace
v Fulham under TC was a fucking disgrace
Employing Saunders and Hoddle was a fucking disgrace
v Gillingham under Jones was a fucking disgrace.

I'm sure there are a 100 other games that will fit the fucking disgrace criteria....Yesterday didn't though.

Yesterday was poor but not a "$#@!ing disgrace"

v Blackburn under Lambert was a $#@!ing disgrace
v Barnsley under Walter was a $#@!ing disgrace
v Fulham under TC was a $#@!ing disgrace
Employing Saunders and Hoddle was a $#@!ing disgrace
v Gillingham under Jones was a $#@!ing disgrace.

I'm sure there are a 100 other games that will fit the $#@!ing disgrace criteria....Yesterday didn't though.

McCarthy's got off light there.

The Albion game was above fucking disgrace

Not turning up in a match of that importance is a disgrace. It may not be as bad as some if the matches above but it was still disgraceful.

Only Boly, and Cav turned up and actually played.
The rest did not.

Left me mentally scarred. Roger Johnson ballooning the ball up in the air in our own box and then casually jogging after it is burned into my brain. Forever.
Let's get back on thread.
I think Fulham or Villa will finish second. Cardiff are a poor footballing side and dont deserve automatic.

Left me mentally scarred. Roger Johnson ballooning the ball up in the air in our own box and then casually jogging after it is burned into my brain. Forever.
Let's get back on thread.
I think Fulham or Villa will finish second. Cardiff are a poor footballing side and dont deserve automatic.

Sadly "don't deserve automatic" doesn't translate to results. They will kick shit out of teams, bore teams to sleep and scrape the points to go up.
However that won't really do them much good next season. They won't attract quality players, they won't have the cash to burn and they will be found out on the pitch

I think 2nd is the best Cardiff can hope for. They have a very similar set of fixtures to us and I can't see them scoring 7 more points than us. I can see them drawing with Derby and losing to both Brentford and Villa.

Back