• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

There has been no hyperbole from me.
Hyoerbole would be saying we have blown it we are blowing it, i have never once said that.

I have said ywsterdays performace was a fucking disgrace.

I can get losing all teams do.
I cannot accept a performance like last nights when.only 3 Fucking players actually turned up.
If you are happy with last nights performance good for you, I most certainly am not.
I was not happy with the second half on Tuesday and I was not happy with yesterday, to dismiss unhappiness of the performaces over the last game and a half as hyperbole is frankly stupid.

It REALLY wasn't that bad!! Goodness me!

Think 'disgrace' is a bit harsh, suggests they don't give a shit, think its more a combination of complacency and mental tiredness. My one slight nagging concern all season is the youth of our team and wondering how they'll cope when the the pressure comes on, so far when our form has dipped, we have come on strong after a few poor games, I'm hopeful Nuno can turn it round again.

Not turning up in a match of that importance is a disgrace. It may not be as bad as some if the matches above but it was still disgraceful.

Only Boly, and Cav turned up and actually played.
The rest did not.

"Not turning up" and "disgraceful" are well wide of the mark. Before the first goal it was pretty even, we had a 10-15 minute spell where we looked the most likely to make something happen. Second half we again had a spell at the start of the half where we looked threatening before the game fizzled out and then they got their second.

We struggled to control the game in midfield like we usually do. What a shock! Take the best player in the division out of our side and we don't look as good, weird.

Was it a good performance? No. Was it upto the standards we have produced this season? No. But to describe it as a fucking disgrace is way over the top, and the way the team have performed this season we can excuse them the odd bad day at the office.

I think 2nd is the best Cardiff can hope for. They have a very similar set of fixtures to us and I can't see them scoring 7 more points than us. I can see them drawing with Derby and losing to both Brentford and Villa.

Their goal against Ipswich should have been disallowed and a late goal today. Their luck will change soon.

Their goal against Ipswich should have been disallowed and a late goal today. Their luck will change soon.

Brentford are shit hot at home and I imagine Cardiff will have to be extremely lucky to get anything there.

I've done the Brum Mail's predictor and it's officially going to be ok.

qctDZGb.jpg

I think I may have been a bit too pessimistic in my predictions, I did it twice and both times had Cardiff top and Villa 2nd!

I don't actually think Villa will finish 2nd but if Cardiff beat us (which I think they will) then I think the title race will be close.

Are you putting us down to lose nearly every game?

I've done it twice and have us winning the league both time with over 95 points.
First time Fulham were runners up and second time it was Cardiff in 2nd

There were a couple of wins/draws in there but I did have quite a few defeats (including to Cardiff/Villa). Like I say, I think I was being a bit OTT with the pessimism! I don't actually think Villa will catch us.

I can't remember exactly what I put but I definitely had us down to lose to Villa, Middlesborough, Cardiff and Sunderland (they always seem to beat us up there). I think I may have had Bolton down to beat us too :icon_lol: I know we wont actually lose 5 out of our 6 away games though.

It also didn't help that I had both Cardiff and Villa to go on a superb run of form. I didn't have either team down to drop many points but it is pretty unrealistic to expect both of them to end the season so strongly.

To sum up - I know nothing and we will be promoted :)

Done it twice we win the league both times I was pessimistic to on the 2nd one had us drawing on Saturday, losing away to Villa and Cardiff and drawing at Bolton and Sunderland.
Still had us on 91 points in the end.

Sporting index still has us winning the league by 10 points from Cardiff, Villa, Derby, Fulham and BCFC. Relegated are Burton, Sunderland and - tragically - Birmingham City FC

Oh no, please not birmingham city relegated! how would we cope?

Done it twice, first time after a few drinks had us winning the league by 15pts with 100pts
2nd time hungover, finished 2nd a point behind Cardiff and a point ahead of Villa.

Done it twice, first time after a few drinks had us winning the league by 15pts with 100pts
2nd time hungover, finished 2nd a point behind Cardiff and a point ahead of Villa.

I’d expect to have a heart attack if scenario 2 plays out.

I get us to 93 points which will be fine and that's with 4 defeats in there.

I have been a bit pessimistic too. Us losing at Middlebora Cardiff and Bolton, draw with Villa and Derby. This is what I got

predictions.jpg

Back