• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

A win against Norwich ( Have I mentioned I detest them?) would be a real bonus now. It would mean that games against the top sides are far less relevant. i.e we could lose them all and still win the league at a canter(we wont though lose them all). 15 points ahead with 13 games to go would take a hell of an effort for TWO teams to overhall. Villa should get second. Their run in is the best on paper. Derby need to win here at Molineux to get second in my view. We realistically can look at villa , Fulham, Cardiff and Derby as games where a point is fine. It keeps the gap the same.

I dont think we will get the points record. Actually I dont think we will get 100 points. It would be great to be wrong. We are not as free scoring at the moment and have some tricky fixtures coming up. Nothing to start pant wetting about though. Final record 29-10-7 for 97 points is my best guess some 11 or 12 points clear of Villa, then Derby then Cardiff. I would have taken that at the start of the season where I cautiously hoped top 10.

What on earth makes you think we are going to finish 7-4-3?

It would be our worst form of the season by a spectacular distance.

Home and away form
gp pts
1 Fulham 10 26
2 Aston Villa 10 22
3 Wolverhampton 10 21
4 Brentford 10 19
5 Millwall 10 19
6 Norwich City 10 18
7 Derby County 10 17
8 Middlesbrough 10 16
9 Preston 10 15
10 Sheffield Utd 10 15
11 Cardiff City 10 14

What on earth makes you think we are going to finish 7-4-3?

It would be our worst form of the season by a spectacular distance.

foot off the gas. Harder fixtures to come.

We could also be up by the time we play Bolton ( who we have a shit track record against at their place) and Sunderland who may need to win to stay up. We will probably drop some points in those games. As we probably will against any 2 from Villa, Fulham, Bora and Derby.

Spo lets say those fixtures come out 2-2-2 which is not unreasonable guessing then we have 5-2-1 from the rest which is our par form for this season.

Boro is a given seeing as we haven't won there since 1951.

However, Nuno has shown absolutely no sign of allowing concepts such as foot off the gas to materialise.

Nothing suggests we are going to lose a home game, and to suggest that we are suddenly likely to lose points at places like Bolton and Sunderland is hilarious. For a start, Sunderland are almost certain to be already relegated when we play them so not a chance.

We are playing a load of bottom 10 teams at home. The fixtures aren't harder in the run-in. It just doesn't match the facts.

Yeah but Cyber gotta Cyber. ;)

I imagine that somewhere there is an el-cyber on a Barca forum saying - oooo Getafe is a tough fixture. Plus they have some bloke who went to La Macia so he is BOUND to score. And then we have Levante and Malaga. Tough games, tough tough games.

Thank you! I never did Spanish at school (bloody grammar school making me do classics) so much appreciated.

As long as we don't lose at Fulham, Villa & Cardiff then it's done.

If we lose then it'll take a bit longer

Good thing is we are in a position that if we win it’s irrelevant what the rest do because of the gap it’s another game chalked off.

Boro is a given seeing as we haven't won there since 1951.

However, Nuno has shown absolutely no sign of allowing concepts such as foot off the gas to materialise.

Nothing suggests we are going to lose a home game, and to suggest that we are suddenly likely to lose points at places like Bolton and Sunderland is hilarious. For a start, Sunderland are almost certain to be already relegated when we play them so not a chance.

We are playing a load of bottom 10 teams at home. The fixtures aren't harder in the run-in. It just doesn't match the facts.

Ok

I still think 97 points is fine , I am just managing my expectations. Please feel free to castigate me come may when we have 110 points. I will do likewise if I am close to the 97!

102 for me - and I don't see us easing off. As soon as promotion is guaranteed Nuno will start treating it as an extended pre-season for the Prem. MGW and Norris may get some game time, but woe betide anyone who slacks off.

Reckon that 90 pts will be enough - Fulham have the best current form & even they will need 2.5 ppg av to get to that

Having said that I would want to make it secure with a number of games to go so that we have an untroubled end to the season & can intensify the plans for next season as early as possible

Having said that I would want to make it secure with a number of games to go so that we have an untroubled end to the season & can intensify the plans for next season as early as possible

I think your wish will come true.

Quite looking forward to watching the schadenfreude that is the play offs this year. As we won't be in them.

The quicker we get it done, the more time we have for recruitment etc etc. Even if new players can't join before 1 July, we can be getting deals in place. Especially important in a world cup year as a lot of the talent is going to be off with national sides for a substantial part of the summer, and may also return a shitload more expensive.

Quite looking forward to watching the schadenfreude that is the play offs this year. As we won't be in them.

I want it to be
Fulham v Cardiff and Fulham win
Villa v Preston villa win
Fulham to beat villa in the final,that way two dirty teams get their comeuppance,and villa get to stay down and struggle financially

I want it to be
Fulham v Cardiff and Fulham win
Villa v Preston villa win
Fulham to beat villa in the final,that way two dirty teams get their comeuppance,and villa get to stay down and struggle financially

Back