• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Last season's playoffs were truly awful :icon_lol: Not even one vaguely satisfactory game and the final has a shout of being in the top ten worst matches I've ever seen at any level.

Yeah, I'll give you that. They were terrible. But they're not usually as unwatchable as that!!

(Having said that, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Warnock, Bruce and Pulis will make up 3 out of the 4 managers...)

Without a doubt. Been discussing with the lads at work and there's probably more interest in the playoffs than there is the World Cup at the moment!

Once we have won the title, i'll be looking at the world cup.

We have to think we'll be in for some of the players, not to mention the fact I expect Ruben (you're a god) Neves will be there and hopefully playing.

Really not fussed about the playoffs - fear takes over as often as not so games are really not that pretty

Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing Neves at the World Cup (& Saiss for Morocco ?)

N'Diaye should be there for Senegal too.

Saiss is an automatic starter for Morocco.

Yep there's a decent chance they will end up being on opposite sides. Let's hope they remember to play nice.. (Neves and Saiss, that is)

-edit- I agree World Cup will ultimately be better but enjoying a certain amount of schadenfreude while others go through the agony of the playoffs is never a bad thing. But then again WC will have such charmers as Russia-Saudi Arabia and Peru-Australia (yes I'm being deliberately picky)

Popcorn out tonight to watch Villa finally break the top two monopoly by beating Cardiff thus allowing Fulham to cruise into 2nd. They've had their chances and bottled it every time. Watched them on TV at Norwich they just didn't look bothered.

Popcorn out tonight to watch Villa finally break the top two monopoly by beating Cardiff thus allowing Fulham to cruise into 2nd.

God, I hope this happens. I definitely want Fulham to come up with us and Cardiff to lose the playoff final in injury time to Derby (and miss another penalty chance to level the scores). :D

God, I hope this happens. I definitely want Fulham to come up with us and Cardiff to lose the playoff final in injury time to Derby (and miss another penalty chance to level the scores). :D

I don't, i think Fulham would be looking at similar players to us in the Prem, Cardiff certainly wouldn't.

Also i'd like us to have a pop at signing Cairney, that wouldn't happen if Fulham come up.

Cardiff will make up one of the relegation spots too, i really couldn't care less about Warnock.

Cardiff will be trying to break their own hoodoo tonight. They've not won away at Villa since 1954.

Not sure if that's a hoodoo necessarily, they hadn't played Villa away from 1975-2009.

The thread title is great

Dunno what you are on about?

Yep, Cardiff to go up for me too. I'd like us to sign Cairney as well - plus I'd like to see Colin's tactical genius exposed in the Prem.

Fulham and Derby for me, please. I'd sooner see good football and a manager I respect receive their just rewards than a skipful of TV money boosting the fortunes of a club like that. Colin staying put would be sufficient comment on his managerial prowess for me. We're not going to be scrabbling around the reduced shelf for targets this summer; there'll be plenty of premium products available. And our owners won't be planning for us to be anywhere near a relegation spot next season, in which case it won't matter how well or badly the sides who come up with us perform.

Fulham and Derby for me, please. I'd sooner see good football and a manager I respect receive their just rewards than a skipful of TV money boosting the fortunes of a club like that. Colin staying put would be sufficient comment on his managerial prowess for me. We're not going to be scrabbling around the reduced shelf for targets this summer; there'll be plenty of premium products available. And our owners won't be planning for us to be anywhere near a relegation spot next season, in which case it won't matter how well or badly the sides who come up with us perform.

Totally Agree....
if we are shopping at the same level as any promoted or bottom 10 prem club it will be disappointing.
I expect us to be shopping in M&S, whilst Newly promoted and bottom 10 Prem will be scratching around in Morrisons / Aldi lookimng for bargains

Back