• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Spoke with my villa supporting dad last night. He's not optimistic. He feels they'll get a playoff place, but it's then a lottery.
I think villa will draw tonight, which will not mean a great deal for the title run in. If either win, it'll have an impact as a cardiff loss would really bunch them with villa/fulham and villa would have renewed hope, whereas a cardiff win would mean cardiff/fulham have a straight scrap.

I expect to be pottering about at home with stuff on in the background, or the occasional refresh of sports pages to see what's going on, before being able to settle down to watch us tomorrow, which is always a delight.

Milwall are also on fire at the moment. I think they will end up in the playoffs. Could well be derby they replace.

NML hits the post fairly early - Villa playing with Jedinak at CB so they're going to be shaky

Fulham 1 up

7drHiqr.gif

Villa v Cardiff is exactly the kind of game I expected.

Villa v Cardiff is exactly the kind of game I expected.

Exactly! It's bloody awful. Somehow that hasn't just gone in for Cardiff though.

And then again, really good double save by Johnstone.

Glenn Whelan had the best two chances of the game on his own goal in the last 2 mins.

Elsewhere Middlesbrough down 2-0 and down to 10, Millwall 1 up at Bolton - currently up into 6th

Ha, fuck off Colin. How ironic that it was just as big a twat that fucked you over tonight.

So if Cardiff don't win on Saturday and were beat derby and blues we're champions.....?

Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahaha. I don't mind waiting a bit longer for promotion to witness Cardiff/Colin imploding.

Feel like the sides creeping up right onto Derby os actually going to help us tomorrow as don't think playing for a point os a viable plan for them now.

Sam Johnstone superb tonight for the Villa, Good god Cardiff are rank.

Villa and Cardiff were fucking Shit awful football it was like watching non league, lets just kick it as long and far as we can.
If my maths are correct we need 5 points for Promotion and 6 for the title ?

8 Points clear of Fulham who are on 81 with 4 games left to play - max they can get is 93
9 Points clear of Cardiff who are on 80 with 5 left to play - Max they can get is 95
we are on 89 with 5 to play.

Win tonight gives us 92, our GD is 7 better than Fulham, so a point against Blues would put us almost there, they would need to increase there GD by 7 over their remaining 4 game for us to lose out on GD.

Cardiff remind me of our run in in 2002. They could royally fuck this up

I know Cardiff have a game in hand on Fulham, but I just can't see Fulham dropping out of the top 2 now. The run that they've been on since the middle of December is outrageous and they deserve to go up. Fair play to them.

If Wolves & Fulham are the two teams to finish in the automatic positions, that's going to upset quite a few people. Foreign Managers playing an attractive brand of football... I thought it was only the likes of Pulis, Bruce & Warnock with their "Championship experience" that were allowed to be successful at this level?

Back